Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ask this question because everytime I launch at different rpms between 2k and 3.5k I always seem to spin out my tires a lot. I want to prevent that with a better launch for better times. What works for you guys?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
how bout not dropping the clutche hard but firmly letting off and letting the RPPMs build up

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
feather it like mofo says. i launch around 3 and ride it till the speed and rpm kinda match up then let it go. u will get a lil wheel chirp vs spin when u do it. either that, or ur tires suck

·
Registered
456 Posts
Wouldn't a limited slip diffrential help to? (even tho they are expensive)

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
that just makes them spin at the same time, you still gotta use the skills to launch

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can also goad people into starting the run at 10 to 20 mph. If you are actually talking about racing someone. If it is the track you are asking, then yeah...practice makes perfect. Our little group here usually practices on an empty and level road.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
after awhile at the track u sorta just do it. Like i can't tell u what i do i odn't know hwat i do but i launch great just a little chirp. I was taking everyone i raced off the line mad style. You can sit here and ask people how to launch and they will tell you but when u get to the track u don't have time to sit there and try and match what they tell u. Just go out and race u'll figure it out after 3 or 4 runs trust me [thumb]

·
Registered
845 Posts
I find it's easier to spin the tires in my car than not to. To get my best launch, I start into gear at about 1000-1500 rpm (almost idle...my clutch is all out by 2000 rpm). Any higher, and I either use too much clutch or burn the rubber. This is basically why I'm getting the stage 1 cams instead of stage 2 (I need the low end plus I generally use the mid range alot more than the higher rpms and I'm NEVER above 6500)

If I'm not careful, I squeel 2nd and 3rd (when racing), and rarely, but sometimes a chirp from 4th. It may not hurt much when chirping the upper gears, but I know it doesn't help.

·
Registered
842 Posts
you squeel 3rd and shirp 4th, i smell bs.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I'd say the same thing if I hadn't done it myself. I don't know what the deal is. My car has always done that easily (not always 4th, but 1st thru 3rd..hell ya). I can spin 1st and 2nd all day long!!

BTW: I bark 3rd, not squeel it. I do chirp 4th, and I've spun em' all in the rain...wooo hooo...waste those tires!!!

Lemme splain it to ya.....they chirp, they BARK, and they SQEEEEEEEEEEEEL
hahahahaha

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
GonFishin said:
I'd say the same thing if I hadn't done it myself. I don't know what the deal is. My car has always done that easily (not always 4th, but 1st thru 3rd..hell ya). I can spin 1st and 2nd all day long!! BTW: I bark 3rd, not squeel it. I do chirp 4th, and I've spun em' all in the rain...wooo hooo...waste those tires!!! Lemme splain it to ya.....they chirp, they BARK, and they SQEEEEEEEEEEEEL
hahahahaha
You must have some of those 4 for $100 tires from Discount Tire to spin your tires all day long in 1st and 2nd or you have some real slick roads. I can spin my tires but they always grip pretty good after a few spins and I have the standard Good Year tires that came with the car. [:)]

·
Registered
845 Posts
Those were some pretty good tires, but mine wore out too quickly. Right now I have some Potenzas with lots of tread left. It doesn't matter what the tire is if you rev the rpms and drop the clutch fast.

I've noticed lots of people not able to do this, maybe it's my car (or my skills [rofl] lol...if you can call it a skill to spin your tires).

Do you think it could have something to do with how I broke in the car in the first 500 miles? The salesman told me to drive it like I would at 50,000 miles, so I ragged the hell out of it![burnout] Did everyone else baby theirs?[limp]

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got Pirelli p6000 on my car and i can spin 1st, and chirp on 2nd, nothing on 3rd or higher, i see it as pointless to try too, you lose power that high in the RPM band to try 3rd gear

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i chirp 2nd when gunning it and sometimes get a chirp out of 3rd

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nitto NT555R Drag Radials - drop @ 2500rpm no spin, chirp 2nd sometimes spin, chrip 3rd cd players skips[driving]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts