Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of Pylon and they work ok for the front, but the rear one doesn't seat properly and misses the upper half of the glass.

The selector tool in the store specifies 15" so, that's what I got.

Anyone know a brand and type that works good on the Focus hatch rear window?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I picked up a 15" Michelin. It costs twice as much as the Pylon, but it works as good as OEM now.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
There's some 'reflex' kinda, basically they are arc'd to the windshield, window and don't use all the springs, hinges like typical standard wipers, work awesome. Not sure what they are called in the states but up here in Canada, they have them at Canadian Tire (auto store) and yeah, work awesome. Around $17-18USD each.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
When that happens it's because the blade touches the arm in the straight-up pusition. You just have to bend a tiny bit of arch in the arn and presto- full sweep.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Michelin HydroEdge blades - $10 at Costco, and they work great. PIAA's are also a great choice.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm Pylon's are starting to bite the dust on the front. Only about a month old and they chatter already.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
So in my previous post up there, I said I couldn't pay $15 for a wiper blade....well, we didn't, we paid $5 for a Michelin wiper blade for the rear at Wal-Mart. When we need front blades, we're going back to Wal-Mart for two more Michelins, though the ones we got for $8 each at Advanced work great after 5 months.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The Michelins work great. I've tried Pylons before and they hardly last more than 2 months. Not to mention, they rust very easily (and I'm in sunny California). If I need a replacement, I get the Michelins.

Also, I've had bad experience with Rain-X wiper blades. They chattered about one month after purchase and they ended up ripping.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Love the Reflexes for the fronts.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Pylon's do not last very long. I couldn't find anything that fit the back very well either. I went back to a Ford dealer and picked up a Motorcraft one. I think it was like $7.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts