Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eventually going turbo. I'm gonna be making an intake and want a 80mm tb. What year mustang works on our cars?

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
None , No Mustang TB will fit any of the Focus intakes except the Ford Racing Intake and that was only a 70mm

Why do you feel you need a 80MM

Tom

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will fit the one I'm making. And I'm gonna be running 3" cold side piping. And if for no other reason because it's what I want

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
I know of many stock 70mm Mustang ones but to go 80mm you may have to look aftermarket
And because you want to some times is all the reason you need , doesnt make it right but its a good enough reason for me

Tom

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
76mm is 3" so I don't wanna go any less than that. I like to be different and I don't want my tb to be a choke point

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Yeah i should have specified that I was referring to Tom...sorry.

80mm TB would be absolutely MASSIVE!!! Any way you could just fab one up yourself somehow? I see what you mean on the choke point.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea I'll be making my own intake manifold. Whether or not it works is another story. I think it'll be just fine though.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
Street probably 95%
I have done a lot of testing with pipe sizes and driveability , you will have better throttle response and quicker spooling with a 2.5 piping and 3 inch MAF tube , the 2.5 piping and 70mm will support 450-500HP

When you go big , 3 inch cold side , large TB , custom intake your going to hurt your driveability , low end TQ , throttle response , spool time

Bigger isnt always better

Tom

1 - 15 of 15 Posts