Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2007 Ford focus SE that got rear ended and totaled the other day. Still runs and drives but the back passenger corner is smoked I'm looking around for another car with either a bad transmission or motor that I can swap mine into but I'm not sure what model's and years my 2007 SE is compatible with.I found a 2005 zx4 SE with really low miles and a bad transmission for super cheap is the 2007 SE's motor and transmission interchangeable with the 2005 zx4 SE? I'm just not sure how much these car's can interchange part's through different years and model's?

·
Registered
279 Posts
2005-07 Focus’ are essentially the same with interchangeable parts.

They’re referred to as the MK 1.5 series.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,813 Posts
Honestly, depending on how much effort/skill you have you can make the engine trans work in everything from 2000-2011.

The 00-04 years would take more work unless it previously had a duratec because harness swaps would be necessary along with the ECU.

The 05-07 years should be pretty direct swap for motor & trans

08-11 years should also be pretty much a direct engine/trans swap.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
What's the difference between a zx4 SE and just a SE?
The 'ZXx' designations denoted the body style 00-06:
ZX3 = 3 door hatchback
ZX4 = 4 door sedan
ZX5 = 5 door hatchback
ZXW = wagon
These designations were dropped for 2007.

LX, S, SE, SES, ST designated the trim level 01-07

What body style is your SE?

Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 'ZXx' designations denoted the body style 00-06:
ZX3 = 3 door hatchback
ZX4 = 4 door sedan
ZX5 = 5 door hatchback
ZXW = wagon
These designations were dropped for 2007.

LX, S, SE, SES, ST designated the trim level 01-07

What body style is your SE?

Paul
Yeah mines a SE that got totalled. And the car I was looking at was a zx4 SE I went ahead and bought the zx4 SE I picked it up for $500 and it's only got 70,000 miles on it. It has a problem where it won't shift past second. The guy I bought it from said it's a shift solenoid. Either way I've got the totalled car for parts.
KIMG1243.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts