Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got some extra money laying around and i wanna so something else to my car but i cant decide which mod i wanna do... so i need some help

1. EAGLE EYE projector headlights

2. Lower.. leaning toward the fr kit but not sure where to buy

3. fswerk tuner

what would you pick and why?

thanks for the help

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I vote for FR suspension kit, you can get it from Tousley Ford for around $300
The tuner is great, but will not make the car much faster without supporting mods.
headlights are great as well but you can already see good at night with the stock lights.
The biggest improvement and best bang for your buck will be with the FRPP kit.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Screw FRPP Kit.. You'll want to go lower. Go with DGR Coilovers.

For me I would do lighting. But IMHO i'd do a retrofit

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Leaning toward low, our rides look SO much better when they aren't in 4x4 mode.

I have the Eibach lowering springs and I would love to have coilovers but cash money is an issue so the springs are only around $200 so it's a cheaper way to achieve low.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I always vote for the headlights. That by itself will get questions from people as to what your car is. They will absolutely make your front end stand out from all the other Foci on the road. But holy hell am I biased.

I loooove those headlights.

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
I would say lower it. Coilovers are best, but their are others out their. I'm running Eibach Pro Plus (bought through Tirerack.com). Stay away from DGR, that company is going belly up fast. A tuner is good, but only if you have mods in place to make it worth while.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Go lower, You get the most out of that.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am kinda leaning towards the projectors.. i been looking on ebay and with out hid i can find for like 285 with free shipping and 323 plus 45 for shipping :(

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
i am kinda leaning towards the projectors.. i been looking on ebay and with out hid i can find for like 285 with free shipping and 323 plus 45 for shipping :(
Im assuming eagle eyes? If your more of a DD not into much of Auto-X then I would go with headlights. Great upgrade. Since your going projectors, you should invest into some good HID kit to compliment the projectors. Morimoto, DDM, and I use visionPro. These are some good HID kits. I've personally run Morimoto and VisionPro and they haven't failed me yet.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I split my vote for lower and headlights.

I have the frpp kit and absolutly love it. Drops the car 1.5" with no loss in ride quality. As mentioned before, order through steve at Tously ford. Cost me 300 beans shipped to my door.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so im on the Tousley Ford ford website and i found the ford racing part and i was wondering why i dont see a kit for the 08+ am i missing something or do i have to select more then one option?? sorry for the problems

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
i was reminding the other day stock ride height was good for me.... backing out the driveway then SCRAAAAAAAAAAAAPPE.... but i'd go with the tune... sure i may not look good in stock trim... but i can maybe be faster or perform better than most would expect from a 100% stock looking car.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Retrofit- put real projectors MADE for hid bulbs in ur stock housings. ull be hating ebays in 8 months

·
Registered
1,174 Posts

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
i was reminding the other day stock ride height was good for me.... backing out the driveway then SCRAAAAAAAAAAAAPPE.... but i'd go with the tune... sure i may not look good in stock trim... but i can maybe be faster or perform better than most would expect from a 100% stock looking car.
Do I here the need for a rally car?

I scrape all the time with my FRPP kit, but thats what i get for driving around on construction sites. My prob is that I drive 100 street miles for every 1 offroad mile, street suspension got my vote just for all the high-mileage driving.

You can always do other things to the suspension like adding better/bigger sway bars to reduce the body roll, that combined with a good set of tires will do wonders for any car.

Good luck.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
I 100% disagree with this statement.

Knew you'd jump in.

Im not going to say where to buy stuff. I mean you can go to some other website and buy the EXACT same Eagle Eyes projector for $450 and go on Ebay and get it for almost HALF price.

Here is some light comparison from Eagle eyes and Morimoto Mini H1 retrofitted:

This is the Morimoto Mini Retrofit 5000K HID 35W:

This is the Eagle eyes with 6000K HID 35W:

Here is HID in Halogen housing compared to HID in Projector housing:

Left is Projector, Right is PnP HID in halogen housing

Low beam PnP:

Low beam Projector:

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
^ your depressing me with all the high quality light talk, stop it!

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Tighten up the suspension with some swaybars and strut tower bars!
I got the 22mm front and 25mm rear with a fswerks top bar and it made a pretty solid difference. but unfortunately I can't recommend the fswerks front strut tower bar for the 08+s. They carried over the design from the previous model and it interferes with the AC lines on the passenger side tower.

st12131; moar bright lights! [:)]
I wonder what my output in front of me will look like after I hook up my 5000k HID fogs again this weekend..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts