Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with trying to plan and bring back Focus in the Field, OG's will know what it is about.

What do you want to see at a larger Great Lakes G2G?

Also what would you expect to pay for a weekend long event?

I'd like to get a few ideas rolling to see what the possibility of them is.

The event will be in the fall, You will pay for it, this event is about what the people want.

Sample:

I want to see:
Dyno, Car show, Picnic type hang out, Camping
Price:25 per person (Dyno runs extra if wish to run)

Food will be covered for 2 meals, T-shirts are included, Event will be a Saturday/sunday type event.

Camping will most likely be at Individuals expense at discounted cost.

So post up and let us know. More information you post, the better.

This is open to all the people of Great Lakes who wish to attend.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
I would like to see a G2G closer to where I live. All the ones I've seen are forever away and its not worth the drive for me. Or to take off work to get there.

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to see a G2G closer to where I live. All the ones I've seen are forever away and its not worth the drive for me. Or to take off work to get there.
Trust me, I hear ya. FITF used to be held in Elkhart Indiana where the hosts of it lived near. This one will be planned to be closer to the MI/OH/IN boarder.

Besides that, you must not know what an event is like, they are worth the travel.

What would you like to see to make you drive some to attend?

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Now this would be pretty cool. Maybe a meet I could actually attend. I think a cruise would be kind of cool. I think if we could meet around south haven/new buffalo, we could do a cruise up the coast of lake michigan.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
No I don't know what they are like. I would like to go to one, but they're all just so damn far.

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cruise will most likely not happen.

It was hard enough with 32 cars, this should net more people to attend.

I want to do it more FITF style (i know most people have no idea WTF FITF is)

It was a weekend of cars, camping, and fun.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Track day at Gingerman? It'd be expensive I'm sure but worth looking at maybe?

·
Registered
836 Posts
How about a destination track day? Like say some track in Pennsylvania (or other) Have a few rendezvous points where people can caravan to the location. We could meet up, hang for the day, camp that night and race the following day.

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How about a destination track day? Like say some track in Pennsylvania (or other) Have a few rendezvous points where people can caravan to the location. We could meet up, hang for the day, camp that night and race the following day.
No.

That is a track day, not a weekend event of fun and car antics.
Not everyone races, or tracks their car. This is supposed to be for everyone to get together.

It is also supposed to be a low cost event with minimal expenses besides gas their and home.

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Camping, a casual car "show" maybe one afternoon, just a general great time hanging out, meeting people, eats, drinks, having fun and checking out rides. Optional dyno runs would be awesome. I don't think $25-30 a person is out of line at all, for what would be provided. For a weekend of fun and food, that's just dirt cheap.

I know what effort went into the MI G2G a couple weeks ago. I sure don't think a track event or anything of that nature is something I want to see/do with the potential number of ppl that could or would come to something this size.

All I know is I'm looking forward to it!

·
Registered
786 Posts
here here!

I for one would like us to keep it family friendly. The event at least. A lot of guys I know have a hard time being involved in the scene with shows and such because of the rampant alcoholism and wet t shirt stuffs.

After the event, do whatever you'd like! lol

Seriously though, A day get together with a BBQ, Hang-out would be great! You could have:

*Car show, with prizes for normal categories like best hatch, sedan, wagon etc.. and a few odballs, best beater, most likely to break down, etc...

*raffle with prizes donated from site sponsors

*giveaways from said sponsors

*FOCIlympics: goofy relay races for prizes, including but not limited to: Hot dog eating contest, tire changing competion, mentos/diet coke rocket launch for distance...you get the idea

I've got more ideas, but thats a glimpse. :)

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
here here!

I for one would like us to keep it family friendly. The event at least. A lot of guys I know have a hard time being involved in the scene with shows and such because of the rampant alcoholism and wet t shirt stuffs.

After the event, do whatever you'd like! lol

Seriously though, A day get together with a BBQ, Hang-out would be great! You could have:

*Car show, with prizes for normal categories like best hatch, sedan, wagon etc.. and a few odballs, best beater, most likely to break down, etc...

*raffle with prizes donated from site sponsors

*giveaways from said sponsors

*FOCIlympics: goofy relay races for prizes, including but not limited to: Hot dog eating contest, tire changing competion, mentos/diet coke rocket launch for distance...you get the idea

I've got more ideas, but thats a glimpse. :)
e-mail me more of your idiotic ideas.

The drinking etc does not start until camping and fires.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts