Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in teh process of doing a retro fit using bixenons. Im trying to come up with a headlight design that would incorporate the turn signals, and came across this

I really want Orange LEDs but teh closest they have is warm white. This is on a Fit btw.

My main concern would have to be the visibility of the LED's as turn signals. These also have diodes on them so they wont hyper blink.

Yes?

No?

Other ideas?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
i think that there is a company doing a survery about this... but good luck... those fit headlights are awesome, they also look like VW

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Something like this then?

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
yup, like the Audi headlights

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
i love it how they look on the new audi's and now im even temped to do this myself but ina different style

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
If you were really good at doin little led's, You should make the blank space next to each of your little white bulbs, Amber bulbs, and have them alternate and use that as your blinkers, i think that would be very very cool. Know what i am talkign about?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think it would look good. Someone on here is trying to make a set its the guys who sell hid's and restore headlights i believe.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you were really good at doin little led's, You should make the blank space next to each of your little white bulbs, Amber bulbs, and have them alternate and use that as your blinkers, i think that would be very very cool. Know what i am talkign about?
Hmm i think i know what youre saying. Kinda like have the leds go like this

white amber white amber

and the white would be strictly running lights, and the amber would strictly be turn signals?

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alright, i purchased Inifiniti FX35 bixenons with clear lenses, which have the front shields already modded. I will be using my 300zx clear lenses along with gatling gun shrouds.

I will find a way to incorporate a city light into the reflector bowl and make an led eye brow as my turn signal.

I will keep the reflector bowl chrome but i might eventually use my current grey housings and lenses as they are in way better condition than my original ones.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hold up... change of plans. THIS will be my parking light! but amber of course.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts