Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 2.0 duratec, steeda sri, 67mm throttle body, header, and get tom 2 send me a tune- what wood u guess for horsepower? and a ford racing head and stage 2 crowers? how many horses is that combo roughly? thanks guys-[ffrocks]

·
Registered
941 Posts
minus head and cams im gonna guess maybe 135ish to the wheels. I dont know too much, i could be wrong

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
youll need an exhaust to back up the cai/header, so without it not much probably 130 to the wheels. The head and cams would probably be a good 15-20hp. Maybe more considering that you're starting off with the 2.0 head

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
well... the TB wont do anything for numbers...

the header wont do anything because it'll be corked by the exhaust, except if you toss the TB and get an exhaust.

and sinse crowers are the least wild compared to cranes or cosworth's, ill give them an 8 to 10... so with an intake, header, and cams with the head package, maybe 140, 145, but the real restriction will be the exhaust...

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
yeah, any cams for the duratec 2.0 will fit in the 08. But before you do cams you have to do intake/header/exhaust, otherwise they won't be able to breathe.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
in that case a 93 octane tune would put you around 135 to the wheels before the head/cams. If its an automatic then a little less due to increased drive-line loss

·
Registered
278 Posts
what i wanna know is where did he get a ford racing head for a 07 2.0 duratec i cant find one anywhere

·
Registered
278 Posts
what i wanna know is where would u find a ford racing head for an 07 2.0 duratec i cant find one anywhere

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
ford racing perhaps? idk if they sell them anymore tho

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank U Nad, My Fault Again For Not Spellin It Out 100%- The Ford Racing 2.3 Head Is What I Meant. Ok So- Steeda Sri, 67mm Throttle Body,header, Catback, Head And Stage 2 Crowers- Whats U Guys With Experience Guestimate And Tuned-

·
Registered
278 Posts
naw i checked their site they dont sell them hmm i wonder if i could just port and polish a 2.3l head on throw it on there

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Thank U Nad, My Fault Again For Not Spellin It Out 100%- The Ford Racing 2.3 Head Is What I Meant. Ok So- Steeda Sri, 67mm Throttle Body,header, Catback, Head And Stage 2 Crowers- Whats U Guys With Experience Guestimate And Tuned-
I would be comfortable with estimating... about 150ish to the wheels. A little bit more with a good dyno tune and adjustable cam gears thrown in.

·
Registered
859 Posts
From what I've read the stock Duratec head is a great unit. Wouldn't that be about the last thing you would upgrade for a car under 175-200 whp?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts