Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure that the SE-R I beat was a Spec V but I might be wrong because everyone is telling me that a Spec V will stock for stock beat the SVTF. Looking at the figures I'd imagine that it would be a driver's race...

·
Registered
456 Posts
The SE-R has 180hp and the SVT has 170hp what you need is a good cai, exhaust and a good launch. But actually you may only need the cai and launch as hard as you can, there is only a 10hp difference. Goodluck [burnout] [driving] [race] [thumb]

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
You're most likely right with it being a driver's race. But only way to find out is to go and hunt down a stock one [thumb]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
scorpio1118_2000 said:
The SE-R has 180hp and the SVT has 170hp what you need is a good cai, exhaust and a good launch. But actually you may only need the cai and launch as hard as you can, there is only a 10hp difference. Goodluck [burnout] [driving] [race] [thumb]
yea but the spec V has alot more torque than an SVT and torque is what you need off the line.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
scorpio1118_2000 said:
i agree with the cai but the exhaust? i'd replace that answer to a cai, a tune, and rt cat. the best gains on a SVT exhaust will come from the cats imo

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
SVT_BMXer said:
yea but the spec V has alot more torque than an SVT and torque is what you need off the line.
yup sometimes hp is only looked at but tq is big factor in a how fast it moves...

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have beaten an SE-Rs off the line then a couple seconds later it chews my ass up, b/c Im stock right now. The exhaust should give him a little more torque, he could also try some udps, All those mods should bring around 190hp or more. The SE-Rs are tough cars from the start, they run better than the neons when a turbo is added but they are not unbeatable. You have a good chance, just work on your torque issue as the SVTs dont have alot of it as they should.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I thought the spec V had 172 hp....and 180 ft lbs of torque?? That would mean they would rape us off the line but we should be able to catch them...i believe we weigh less too...

·
Registered
284 Posts
gearing is at a disadvantage for them, also the powerband isnt that long, so theyre shifting more. thats why for all the power and torque they have, its not that much quicker if at all, then the SVT. Its a drivers race for sure, stock for stock

·
Registered
456 Posts
Now that puts a lot of light on the subject, sounds to me like you just need a bit more practice on the stick. GHo get em tiger rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr[driving]

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i to tought that it would be a close race. but look at the times they both put down. i think the ser-v is a half second faster than the svt!!! aw reality is a bitch

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
svt2nv04 said:
yup sometimes hp is only looked at but tq is big factor in a how fast it moves...

I raced one from a roll of about 50 and I pulled a few car lengths by the time I let off near my red. I had one passenger and he had atleast one in his though... It's running from a dig that I am worried about.

My friend wants me to run against another friend who has a Spec V with exhaust... I told him he'd beat me as I am stock right now.

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
All it takes is a better, more aggressive driver. I have not lost to one of these yet having raced about 5

·
Registered
427 Posts
svtguy21 said:
i to tought that it would be a close race. but look at the times they both put down. i think the ser-v is a half second faster than the svt!!! aw reality is a bitch
You can't look at magazine times for an SVT. All the tested vehicles had TC and bog really bad off the line resulting in a terrible 1/4 mile time

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Good driving.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
With numbers this close...its def a drivers race.....specially if you have no t/c.....i'd race him even having the exhaust and my car being stock.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
frush why does it say "make friends with them quickly" in ur sig? just curious. As for the spec-V...they are not that fast. I took one home for a day from a dealership to 'convince my parents' to let me buy it and it was even the nismo package with exhaust and intake already on it. Anyways it is quick on the twisties and stuff....but as far as acceleration goes...they dropped a 6 speed in it that redlines in first at 27 MPH....that means he's running through the gear WAY faster than any of us focus drivers...I top out at about 38 in first. A good buddy of mine has a Spec-V that has about 3000 dollars of mods....naturally aspirated...and I raced him in my 2.3D....I had a car full of crap from helpin a buddy move...and I had a 180LB passenger..he had an empty car. Needless to say he beat me..but not by more than a car and a half. Spec-V is a good car...just too much torque steer and too short of gears!! I say its COMPLETELY a drivers race..cause I think my buddies car is dyno'd at over 200WHP and my mighty focus...with a tune and header..probably could have kept up wit him.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would have to say it would be a drivers race. If you have 2 people that can't drive for shat, then the svt will win. The spec v is a hard car to drive right...the ass loads of torque and short gears makes it difficult to launch, but not impossible. I never raced an svt when I had my spec, but I have driven one that had intake and exhaust, and after driving both, the spec feels faster but the svt handles better. If you can get a decent launch down you should be able to hang, but from a roll the spec will beat you every time.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts