Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to start racing, hill climb and motokhana, but need to decide on a best fit car platform. I could get an ST170/SVT, or Impreza or other. Dollars to spend about $7000base budget + mods over time. currently have a detective 2L in great low k's condition so could build up with what I have also. Each have there pros and cons. Wondering what you guys would do given the above. Cheers.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,118 Posts
Impreza is AWD I believe...so that gives it a head start.

Do you have a separate car for a DD or would this be both DD and weekend warrior?

·
Super Moderator
9,563 Posts
Moved to "Road Racing & Rally". I figured I would move your thread to here since the people that frequent this section are more apt to give you better information.

·
Registered
25 Posts
For any one of those types of racing, how is the classing structure broken down? What I personally would do is find the class/series I want to race in, then pick the car that works for that. To a degree I would be more interested in the fun of competition than the fun of the particular car.

Alternatively, if it's just a trackday car get whatever is cheap to maintain and that you enjoy. For expenses remember that track driving will wear stuff out way faster than street driving. Brakes, bushings, wheel bearings, fluids, tires, etc. Plan your budget accordingly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts