Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you could only have one for awhile, which would be best to have, front big brake kit, or rear disk swap. if you say the rear brake swap, what would be best, just the SVT setup, get the SVT setup and upgrade it, or just an aftermarket rear disk swap?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
it's really a toss up. the rear disc conversion will take some of the load off your front brakes, but the fronts still do most of the braking. typical load split is 80 front, 20 rear on drum brake cars, and between 60-70 front, 30-40 rear on all wheel disc cars. I couldn't answer this question definitively. you'll see gains either way. personally, I would do the rear disc conversion and get a good set of stock size replacement front, maybe some brembo blank rotors with some mintex pads

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
you could always get an old SVT break kit for front and back. the SVT front brakes are bigger. infact, our non-svt rotors will fit INSIDE the rear svt rotor.. and the front svt rotor is bigger than the rear :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Will the SVT brake system work on an '07? And will the 15's clear or would I need to upsize my wheels at that time?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks. Of course after I sent that I found it in another post.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im pretty sure 16s will fit over SVT brakes

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was doing some reading as well and bought some SVT rear discs to put on. The 16" stock focus rims will fit over them just perfectly. Though I am kinda worried about rocks getting stuck or lodged between the rim and the calipers when they show up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts