Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want about 250-260 whp with all necceary bolt ons, tuning and about a psi of12-15. what kit should i go with. its is a sc or the new xios coming out for the svt. what do i need to achieve that. ALSO MY FRIEND HAS A STOCK SRT-4 WOULD I STOMP ON HIM WITH 250-260 -WHP- HE HAS 230--BHP-- WITCH IS ABOUT 207 WHP.

·
Registered
248 Posts
i kno this is off topic but arent the srt-4 rated to the wheels......i heard that somewhere.....i think they are 230 whp

·
Registered
454 Posts
i'm 100% sure that the 230hp is measured at the crank.

·
Registered
9 Posts
100% stock, SRT-4's will put down 225-240 hp and 235-255 tq AT THE WHEELS.

floridafocukid69: After all the mods, you could hang with your friends STOCK SRT-4. Be advised, you'll be pretty much maxed out and our cars respond very well to cheap mods. Good example would be the "spring mod". A $3 spring to hold the wastegate closed longer will generally put an otherwise stock SRT4 to mid 13's at 103-104mph.

·
Registered
454 Posts
kodiak said:
100% stock, SRT-4's will put down 225-240 hp and 235-255 tq AT THE WHEELS.
yeah right....i'll have to see some proof for that one

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
260whp can be had EASILY in a Focus

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
As a previous Neon owner, I get a bit touchy sometimes at the flack they catch. People around here are decent for the most part, but the whole Neon line doesn't deserve half the crap we collectivly give it.

The SRT-4 was underrated from the factory. Obviously results will vary, but SportCompact got a baseline dyno backs up Kodiak.

"Our project car in stock form was slightly stronger than previous SRT-4s we've tested, making 227 hp and 256 lb-ft of torque right out of the box. This dyno test was performed with the car still full of Michigan fuel. All other SRT-4s we've tested have used California's notoriously low-octane fuel."

Lets see if the image works...

·
Registered
9 Posts
^^^

Thanks for the backup.

I was in no way trying to say it COULDN'T be done. Just that it would be hard to compete dollar for dollar against a factory turbo'd car. By the time you add the cost of all the supporting mods, I'd bet the SRT is still on top in straight line performance.

Not trying to start a war, just adding some thoughts.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I have to agree with kodiak... dollar for dollar a factory turbo car will benefit more from bolt ons.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
but if you want that kinda power out of a focus i would go with a custom turbo, there really s no more good turbo kits out there for the focus esp the svt. so i would get a local shop to make you one!

or just make on eyourself. if all else fails wait till c-f-m comes out w/ a head package and get that. or just throw on a 150 shot of nitrous with some 110 gas and that will be enough with bolt ons!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts