Registered
968 Posts
16" painted pockets, they look awesome.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
425 Posts
18s!

Ever since I saw them on the 2012 Focus prototype at the 2010 toronto auto show, I had to have them :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I'm just in the middle of getting one but can't decide which. I've only relied on tirerack.com since they're the only ones that has 16" wheels for 2012 Focus in their configurator that I know.

Anyways, here's what I'm looking to get for my Sterling Grey SE sedan: http://bit.ly/n7ug3T [tirerack.com]

I'm a little worried about the specs since it says 16x7.5 where the stock steel rims is 16x7, I believe. I'm planning on reusing the stock tires, so I'm not sure if this makes a difference.

I was thinking of going bigger (17" maybe) but they said that this might affect your speedo a bit and would need to be readjusted, so I decided I'm gonna go with 16" for now.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The stock 16" steel wheels are 6.5" wide. I had 16x7" Volvo XC90 wheels installed with the stock tires. Use Tirerack to check the recommended rim width for your brand/size tires, cuz 7.5" may give you that stretch & poke look which is trendy these days (not a fan personally).

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I'm just in the middle of getting one but can't decide which. I've only relied on tirerack.com since they're the only ones that has 16" wheels for 2012 Focus in their configurator that I know.

Anyways, here's what I'm looking to get for my Sterling Grey SE sedan: http://bit.ly/n7ug3T [tirerack.com]

I'm a little worried about the specs since it says 16x7.5 where the stock steel rims is 16x7, I believe. I'm planning on reusing the stock tires, so I'm not sure if this makes a difference.

I was thinking of going bigger (17" maybe) but they said that this might affect your speedo a bit and would need to be readjusted, so I decided I'm gonna go with 16" for now.
FYI - aftermarket wheels will not allow the TPMS to work. So you'll have that light going off all the time. Don't see how it would be worth it, especially since those wheels look VERY similar to the OEM 17" painted/machined offerings...

Wheel size is largely irrelevant in determining speedo calibration. It's outside tire diameter. Obviously going with too large a wheel will force larger tires, but you can go up and down a few sizes and just get lower profile tires, to keep the same (or similar) outside dimensions.

·
Registered
134 Posts
FYI - aftermarket wheels will not allow the TPMS to work. So you'll have that light going off all the time. Don't see how it would be worth it, especially since those wheels look VERY similar to the OEM 17" painted/machined offerings...

Wheel size is largely irrelevant in determining speedo calibration. It's outside tire diameter. Obviously going with too large a wheel will force larger tires, but you can go up and down a few sizes and just get lower profile tires, to keep the same (or similar) outside dimensions.
you have to buy new sensors, they are the valve stem type...and they work just fine

·
Registered
781 Posts
i got the handling package, so i'm getting the 18". i'm not crazy about the 5 spoke (as a friend puts it "sheriff's badge") rims, but i'll live. will be swapping off the tires though with some decent all-seasons, those "summer tires" aren't going to cut it with WI snow in the winters.

·
Registered
425 Posts
i got the handling package, so i'm getting the 18". i'm not crazy about the 5 spoke (as a friend puts it "sheriff's badge") rims, but i'll live. will be swapping off the tires though with some decent all-seasons, those "summer tires" aren't going to cut it with WI snow in the winters.
They won't survive a Canadian winter either, but that's why I kept my still-in-decent shape 16" winter tires off my Vibe. Now I just need a new set of 16" rims for them :p

Want to sell your pilot sport 3s? :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are the tire pressure sensors in the valve stems on the 2012 models? Or are they bands that go around the inner rim? My 2010 e350 and 2008 expedition has/had them in the valve stems. The tire shop was able to reuse them with no problem. Anyone know?

·
Registered
781 Posts
the summer tires? yes. i'll probably be selling them after i have them replaced. though shipping them to canada from the US might be a bit expensive. probably just dump them on craigslist here.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Are the tire pressure sensors in the valve stems on the 2012 models? Or are they bands that go around the inner rim? My 2010 e350 and 2008 expedition has/had them in the valve stems. The tire shop was able to reuse them with no problem. Anyone know?
They are the valve stem type. I had the OEM sensors swapped onto my new wheels.

·
Banned
571 Posts
Ditto

1 - 20 of 76 Posts