Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both have A/C.ZX3 crank windows,no p. locks.Other than that,they are equpped the same.Anybody know the facts?Yea,I could go weigh them,but this is easier.For all you wise guys,the Zx3 is silver and the SE blue[;)]

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
The sedan will outweigh the 2-door hatchback because it has four doors (and all the hardware required for them.) Its only a hundred pounds or so more, but its definitely heavier.

·
Registered
789 Posts
^^^only a hundred pounds more for two more doors, all the hardware that goes with it and the fact that the sedan is about 10-12" longer!!! if you find that sedan let me know so i can see what it is made out of. one of the doors weighs about 80-110 pounds by itself plus the extra weight from the longer frame, exhaust, and what it takes to make a longer car(i.e. more metal for the floor and so on), the back window is about 2/3 bigger than the zx3 so thats about 50 lbs more, i would say the difference in weight would be about 700-800 pounds.

·
Banned
589 Posts
lol, you think a rear door of a focus sedan weighs 100lbs? and a slightly larger rear window adds 50 lbs? What are you smokin? Can i have some of it?

·
Registered
89 Posts
meant to be a joke, but i would like wut he is smoking any way

·
Registered
789 Posts
ok yung 'uns. i think you two are the one's that are smokin' something. have you even worked on cars before, oh wait i can tell that neither one of you probably do your own work cause glowin doesn't even have anything done and luxen, by the looks of your sig it seems to me like you wouldn't be able to let go of your pe*is long enough to turn a wrench. i've been around cars my whole life and i know a thing or two.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Chill people, Yes the sedan will weigh more..Alot more? yes. @ extra doors, but the fron door are smaller as well. All the hardware, more glass, more floor and so on. I woudl guess it to be more like300-400 lbs.

And yes i have worked on cars alot and have taken off more then one door and no there not light but ill be dammed if there 150lbs each. Either that or im alot stronger then i thought :)

·
Registered
789 Posts
i never said that. i said they weighed anywhere from 80-110, depending on what kind of door it is. but those other two little boys just dont know wtf they are talking about

·
Registered
384 Posts
focusfreak03 said:
i never said that. i said they weighed anywhere from 80-110, depending on what kind of door it is. but those other two little boys just dont know wtf they are talking about
Your probally right, I would agree with 80-110lbs for a full door including glass and hardware.

·
Registered
339 Posts
According to Autotrader Online the sedan weighs approximately 2604 lbs while the hatchback (three door) weighs only 2598 lbs... Don't know if this is of any help or if this information is accurate?

Just my 0.02 [???:)]

oh, and this is for the 2003 zetec sedan vs. hatch

·
Registered
96 Posts
KBB says...

Sedan:
Width : 66.7 inches
Length: 175.2 inches
Height : 56.8 inches
Weight : 2677lbs

Hatch:
Width : 67.0 inches
Length: 168.5 inches
Height: 56.3 inches
Wieght: 2654lbs

So according to KBB.... the Sedan is only 23 pounds heavier then the Hatch. This is based off the 2005 records.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Many thanks!! If there actually is only 23lbs. difference between the two,I will continue to mod the sedan.I actually like the looks of the sedan over the two door,BUT if the sedan was going to be more than 200lbs. heavier,I would start concentrating my efforts on the ZX3.Mabye I'll keep the ZX3 stock......YAAAHH,RIGHT!! How about one turbo and one Supercharged.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
focusfreak03 said:
ok yung 'uns. i think you two are the one's that are smokin' something. have you even worked on cars before, oh wait i can tell that neither one of you probably do your own work cause glowin doesn't even have anything done and luxen, by the looks of your sig it seems to me like you wouldn't be able to let go of your pe*is long enough to turn a wrench. i've been around cars my whole life and i know a thing or two.
Yeah...way to contribute to the forum...why don't you do something useful and go piss up a flagpole? And yes, I've never done any of my own car work...what is this "wrench" you're talking about? Is that what you use to take screws out of things that have screws in them?

·
Registered
172 Posts
If it matters any, I've owned both a Hatch and a Sedan at one time or another, and to be honest, there is no noticeable difference between the two. The sedan might be a slight bit heavier, but you'll never notice the difference .

-Honorsystem

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
my cars race wieght w/ 1/4 tank of gas wieghed in at 2800lb. there was a scale at the track thats is the only way I know how much it weighed and that is with me in it. Oh and the reason why I bought the hatch is because it was like 150 pounds lighter than the sedan and also it came standard with the zetec. So I did'nt have to find a optioned up sedan. My car is bare bones w/ the only options that I know of being a/c , reardefroster, and leather steering wheel which came standard on the ZX3 I believe.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a SE sedan 110k miles,with a Zetec,MTX,Sonic blue top,smoke silver lower,dark glass,black spoiler, 2" lowered suspension,KYB's,sway bars,4-1 race header,2.5 flex,Magnaflow,CIA,short shifter,camber bolts,18" wheels,General 215/30/18" UHP tires.(Xcal2 on the way) I just bought a 2001 ZX3 76k miles,with Zetec,MTX,silver,a/c,sunroof,criuse,cd,16" wheels.Pretty much stock.I am really thinking about the PW blower on one of them.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i would go with the PW blower of the ZX3. It sounds like you've made the SE more looks then go, so why not do the opposite with the ZX3? I.E. no 18in rims, no 2in drop, and fancy paint job?!?! whats that! (kidding)

Just a personal oppinion that you should strap a blower to the zetec.

·
Registered
226 Posts
oh and focusfreak03, im 18, never smoke a THING in my life, and see the list of stuff in my Signature? EVERYTHING, (besides putting the rims that came with the car and professionally done tint), has been done myself. This is nothing to my friends hyundai which i have done a long LONG list of modifications to. And i taught myself how to do everything :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts