Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reason for the Visit: "shift cables are messed" ... I have the temporary traps solution that one of the users suggested and I don't know how long is gonna hold. And by the way I'm just a Month older with the relationship with my focus SVT ...

My opinion for upgrades:

1-Clutch and flywheel ... What clutch set up combo you suggested ?(I looked in the clutch thread and theres a lot of confusion in there help with this)

**The ACT clutch works fine ?
**What about the LUK ?

-- The car is for daily driving 2003 FF SVT with 53k ... I want something better than OEM but endure

2- any other kind of upgrades ... bedside the clutch ??

**short shifter ?

I dont want something cool ... I want Power because I got smoked by a toyota celica 2002 it wasn't stock but still i got smoke.

My self esteem just went down 245 pts ...

Help this kid rise his self esteem !

alrigth, thanks for your time...

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
For self esteem i don't race anybody lol If ur serious about straight line performance get forced induction. I have almost every "suggested" bolt on and it makes a good difference but does not give me the confidence to take anything that moves.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes sir thats my goal, but i was thinking something no that $$$$ something small like a clutch and by the way I need one ,,, any "suggestion"

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I at least home the Celica was a GT-S. Still that being said I've taken a few of those down a notch. They have 180hp and about Honda torque. Stock to stock its a drivers race. The engines like to fail in those a lot more than ours too! Get a good tune and ORP and it'll feel a lot more powerful.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
I'm going with a spec 2+ combo if i have too. I'm hoping that mine doesn't fail but that is the setup I decided on

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I at least home the Celica was a GT-S. Still that being said I've taken a few of those down a notch. They have 180hp and about Honda torque. Stock to stock its a drivers race. The engines like to fail in those a lot more than ours too! Get a good tune and ORP and it'll feel a lot more powerful.
The Celica was a GT-S and it was closed i got 1 car behind him, but the exhaust sounds different from stock.

The only thing that I have is a AEM intake that is not installed yet ...
What you mean by ORP ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
ORP is the off road pipe. It replaces the cat under the car. It was the best HP gain that I did to my car =] The tune also helped the low rpm punch a lot. Those GT-S are pretty quick, but you'll get 'em

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
you wont get more than 30 whp from all boltons on a good day w/ a crap load of headwork, so just go FI!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
^^^Haha true, I love my Powerworks. It gives the SVT a chance in a straight line with the new hot hatches like the Cobalt SS, MS3, etc.

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
ORP is the off road pipe. It replaces the cat under the car. It was the best HP gain that I did to my car =] The tune also helped the low rpm punch a lot. Those GT-S are pretty quick, but you'll get 'em
Do you have a pic of your ORP installation?
Do you still have anti-pollution device?

[wave]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts