Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, which All-Seasons should I get? Can't afford dedicated summer/winter tires. Current tires are Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus, which I love the handling characteristics, but they ride a little hard. Gotten a few quotes and it looks like ~$660 for all of the options I'm currently considering which are:

(In current placing in my mind)

1. Conti Extremecontact DWS
2. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3
3. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I own a set not on your list. Been great for the past two winters. Could be better with winter tires but I want the performance in the summer as well
235/40/18 bridgestone potenza re970as.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=147
If I wasnt in northern IL and WI I would go with those, but alas the white devil would be my downfall. So many reviews saying they aren't good in the winter. Are the reviews wrong? I want snow performance at least as good as my Michelins. And even those can get a little sketchy

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
I just tossed a set of DWS's on my lady's Mazda. We havent played in snow yet but ride thus far is pretty good and grippy. I am waiting for the white stuff to come and see how they do. If the do as well as the reviews say i will order a set for my Focus

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Snow performance isn't as great as the stock Continentals but sufficient I guess. The trade is the better handling summer spring fall tire.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Snow performance isn't as great as the stock Continentals but sufficient I guess. The trade is the better handling summer spring fall tire.
Being in Northern IL and WI, I'm going to need snow traction at least as good as my Michelins. Unfortunately, the 970as falls short here.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
I own a set not on your list. Been great for the past two winters. Could be better with winter tires but I want the performance in the summer as well
235/40/18 bridgestone potenza re970as.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=147
X2 I have the younger version of the 960's Pole Position... They are great. Live in Utah and get the snow and I have also WinterX the car in the snow

Posted the fastest time for a FWD "Street" in the event in the picture below. The tires worked great on snow, ice, slush, and water.

The 960's did well and the 970 i have heard are better performing (plan on going with those when my 960's need replacement.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
For a great a/s tire that works good in icy/snowy conditions, go w/ the DWS's. Yea you give up some in the summer but its better then having issues in the snowy/ icy winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts