Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
FC pulley kit for the PZEV. Sitting on my desk, as I try to find a safe way to install it. (The garage I use has their impacts limited to 100 ft'lbs)

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
FC 3 pc. pulley kit.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
kicknzx3, do you have air conditioning? does it get notibly less effective at long idle periods? and do you notice the lights dim at idle? I am considering UDP's, but don't want the above to happen.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
well the lights dim...and my a/c is shot...but when it was working. it was fine, cept at idle...lol.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i have FC 2 piece. My lights are fine and my ac is also fine except at idle

·
Registered
205 Posts
I apologize in advance for sounding stupid... But what is an underdrive pulley? I know little to nothing about cars. It's really rather sad!

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
basically they are lighter weight for reduced rotational mass...and sized to turn accessory pulleys fewer revolutions than stock (% reduction). Slower turning accessories use less hp to turn. Thus the engine has less parasitic drag...freeing up hp.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
well... the three piece and two piece are out for me.. .maybe just the crank pulley would work for my needs. I don't mind the lack of power so much as the God aweful stumbling when the A/C is on... It is just plain miserable to drive with the A/C on to me. I actually prefer to drive my 280,000 mile ranger than the focus when the A/C is on....

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
FRPP here (same as Esslinger)

·
Registered
758 Posts
F.C. single udp here. Love it, I have absolutely no problems w/ lights, stereo, a/c, or any accessory @ all.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I run the AFX and I've never had any issues with the AC or flickering lights. Although after my cam install I bumped my idle to 900. That may have prevented any light flickering at idle.

·
Registered
797 Posts
ok dumb question what are the differences between 1,2,and 3 piece kits?

·
Registered
958 Posts
youngkal said:
ok dumb question what are the differences between 1,2,and 3 piece kits?
the 1 pcs replaces just the crank pulley and u will usually need a different sized belt

the 2 pcs replaces the crank and the water pump...you may or may not need a new belt...the fc 2 pcs uses the stock size belt, but the...af/x (i think) uses a smaller belt

the 3 pcs replaces the crank, water pump, and the a/c...i believe u need a new belt for that

personally, i have the fc 2 pcs, and i havent noticed any real problems...no flickering lights, stumbling at idle, etc...also, i refuse to use the a/c on the basis that im cold 7-8 months of the year so i will deal w warmer weather...also, my idle was really bad before, then after they were installed (cams and gears as well) the idle was much better

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
AFX for me. the only time i have voltage problems is at WOT because my tune disables the alternater. other than that, not one single problem.

·
Registered
557 Posts
FS for me. No problems with voltage.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts