Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be installing this to my fuse box and I need to purchase the proper fuse connectors for it to power a dashcam. I've been told that I need a fuse tap, but I'm trying to figure out what size I need. There's the regular (ATO) style, mini blade (ATM), mini blade-low profile.

How do I tell what our FF has?

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
How do I tell what our FF has?
Open up the fuse box and look inside, and direct your attention to the area you will be installing the charger.

Or just connect direct to the battery with an inline fuse, especially if the unit has a power button.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Open up the fuse box and look inside, and direct your attention to the area you will be installing the charger.

Or just connect direct to the battery with an inline fuse, especially if the unit has a power button.
Thanks, but as a car newbie, I wouldn't know what to look for, especially if the fuses are of the low profile version as Ford sometimes uses (according to an Amazon review). I'm just buying the parts to have a shop install for me.

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
It will be difficult to tell since there are a number of different fuses used. Go pull the fuse you want to tap into, and check it's dimensions.

Or have the shop provide that part.

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
Also, I believe your owner's manual will detail the types of fuses your vehicle has.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts