Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

im going to start by saying that i dont know anything about turbos. and with that said, i have had toms full kit for some time know and i am looking to upgrade to a bigger turbo. the ups man just dropped off my cgi block, rods and all that good stuff, so in a week or 2 the focus will be up and running. my first question is, what would be the next step up from the t3 super 60 (only turbonetics). it looks like it would be the t3/t4 or the t04e. so what would you recommend.

and my second question. what trims and other specs would you do. i have been trying to learn more about trim and that stuff but its coming up short.

So if you have any recommendations it would be great if you could help.

PS. im looking to make over 300 HP and it isnt a daily driver

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
The turbo that comes with the full kit is capable of well over 300whp.

Why upgrade to a bigger turbo?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I think that the diea is that you can make more power (more effeciently) out of a bigger trubo because it flows more air at the same PSI.

Look up on the internet for the compressor maps of the turbos you are looking into getting. Then see where the PSI you wish to push lands you on the effeciency islands. Then pick the one with the highest effeicency percentage.

that's my .02

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
homegrown2nr said:
I think that the diea is that you can make more power (more effeciently) out of a bigger trubo because it flows more air at the same PSI.

Look up on the internet for the compressor maps of the turbos you are looking into getting. Then see where the PSI you wish to push lands you on the effeciency islands. Then pick the one with the highest effeicency percentage.

that's my .02
Yea..... I'm sorta hip to that.

The point was there is alot more potential left in Toms full kit Turbo, it is supposed to outflow my GT28Rs.

·
Registered
301 Posts
true

1 - 5 of 5 Posts