Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just wanted to know if anyone could recomend a good turbo kit that has worked great for their focus. If you know of a kit that offers the best bang for your buck please let me know. Its for an 02 ZX3, 2.0 zetec.

Thanks alot!

·
Registered
773 Posts
I think the Roush and Persision are the only 2 kits left on the market atm (for the zetec; correct me if im wrong). either one is great from what ive seen. I think that persision kit is cheeper than the Roush kit, but then again its ROUSH!! If you have a little technical know-how, and a few friends you might be able to DIY a full custom turbo kit for yourself.

hth
Sarif2029
(id vote roush b/c its roush)

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Check with the guys at Mcnewsautomotive.com and see what they have to say. They have worked on both kits.

·
FF Affiliate
30,931 Posts
opus1 said:
XIOS just came out with a new kit & is being tuned by FS.
Yep get it on and go to the track but make sure you turn the boost down (detune it) Yep FS detunes there stuff why at the track , for even more safety they add race fuel after "detuning"

Yea thats right all the crap they gave me about race fuel and with the small amount of power there making having to kill the power by "detuning" 65HP by turning the boost down AND adding race fuel makes me wonder ? ? ? ? ?

It sais because it was sooooo hot BS the ECU sees the temps and adjust timing, Wish you would try that crap with me !

Go with the roush kit save you self a lot of problems

Tom

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
hahahahaha!!!!
the best art is not the smart and educated bashing, but the fact that i have the roush kit!!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Thatd be the one. Get it from McNews, that way you get a fair price, and then you deal witha great company with plenty of know-how. Then have Ray fine tune it, and you're in bidness. ;-)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
You get what you pay for, and that's not that bad.....$3500 for a bolt on kit, even if you ghetto up a kit, your speding more then that !

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
yo freaky focus, where in ma are you from? if this is the only car you have you might want to look into certain things like emissions. that's something that you're gonna have to deal with if this is your daily driver. i think, or what i've been told is that all you need in ma is just a cat to pass, so if you have a high flow cat custom built into a downpipe it shouldn't be a problem. it might even be worth considering the powerworks kit, which is cheaper (at the moment), maybe easier to install, and gives more power out of the box.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
not the from jeff hograth that for sure, had to tell somebody

·
Registered
862 Posts
This kit works very well with the Random Tech cat we have. We also do custom 21/2"and 3" cats. Our local cars pass testing with no problem.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
^^^wow that's really nice to know. i've been looking into FI but thought supercharger would be the easiest way with the most gains. might have to look into the roush kit a little more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i'm from west Boylston, a small little town outside of Worcester (central mass), but anyways, thanks for the advice. everyone else, keep in comming!

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
damnit! why wont the roush fit the svt? simply cuz the TB position? and is the roush still emissions legal?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts