Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. My 04 zx3, manual transmission is throwing a tps low voltage code and idling bad. Went to go look at the tps and it was very loose, it was not installed properly by whoever did it, and im pretty sure its the wrong part anyway.
So i ordered a new tps on rockauto: Motorcraft DY871, which didnt fit at all. different harness connector, and the little rod wont even fit in there.
everything ive read says that dy817 should fit... can anyone give me some insight?
i can add photos if that will help

·
Registered
952 Posts
What is the engine code (8th digit) in the VIN?
2.0L SOHC (SPI) = P
2.0L DOHC (Zetec) = 3
2.3L DOHC (Duratec) = Z

Motorcraft DY969/Ford F6CZ9B989BB is correct for 2.0L SOHC (SPI)
Motorcraft DY871/Ford YS4Z9B989BB is correct for 2.0L DOHC (Zetec) MT and 2.3L Duratec MT

Compare connectors:
DY969:

DY871:

Paul

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey there paul, Thanks for the response.
its an engine code 3, the 2.0 zetec, i should've included that.
My car has the SOCH (spi) style connector, but the single cam sensor (dy969) does not turn the correct way for my throttle body.
the dy871 doesnt fit at all.
I did some digging and found that some 04 manual transmission zetecs had the automatic tps from the factory, so maybe thats it.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Hey there paul, Thanks for the response.
its an engine code 3, the 2.0 zetec, i should've included that.
My car has the SOCH (spi) style connector, but the single cam sensor (dy969) does not turn the correct way for my throttle body.
the dy871 doesnt fit at all.
I did some digging and found that some 04 manual transmission zetecs had the automatic tps from the factory, so maybe thats it.
Motorcraft DY970/Ford 2M5Z9B989AA is correct for 2.0L DOHC (Zetec) AT:

Good luck
Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts