Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to remove the driverside hub to replace the bearing..pics would be really nice..

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
ratchet, sockets, wrenches no lower than 13 mm i believe but after that I am sure you will need a press to remove the bearing itself.

you will need a pry bar as well.

need any help? I no longer have a job and I am bored. and rockford is not far away.

I will look up the procedure on alldata for you right now.

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
yeah there are a few special tools that you would need.

I don't have them sorry.

need a bearing separator. at least.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
same here man i dont have no job,the season is over so im just diggin around my car to find any troubles lol you think you can send me like the torque specs on the bolts that have to be remove?i mean i have tools but do i need the air chissel to remove the lower control arm aswell as the ball joint i think its called like that lol

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you want to come thats up 2 you i mean i dont mind having company around me doing this so its your call dude.

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
well i can come up up. do you have a garage?

for the ball joint you will need 13-17 mm sockets and wrenches ( all of those because i do not remember the exact sizes) and a large pry bar. muscle helps to.

for the tie rod a torch may be in order as it can be hard to get out and a torch would make it easier. the sockets used in the ball joint would work here.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
the ball joint is a 50 torx bit on the front side and a 15mm nut on the back side. take the nut off and tortch the bell out of it till u can get the bolt to slide out it does not thread into the spindle so u can use a bfh(big [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g hammer) to talk it into coming out of the hole. mine was stuck in the hole had to the control arm off and take it to my friends shop and use the big tortch on it. had the whole hub glowing red befor we finaly got it to free up.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
oh and i might try a pitman arm puller on the tie rod. thats what i use. works really easy. just stick it over the top and tighten it down and pops right out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts