Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some slight scratches and was looking for some recommendations for removing them. Do any of those "magic" pens work like they do on tv? There are so many things at the store. I don't know where to start. Why did I have to pick a black car?[?|]

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
well im sure your paints in alot better condition than mine is...are these deep scratches?? if your just talking like swirl marks and stuff use the scratch and swirlx from meguiars that stuff works great.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
i got some touch up paint from the dealer, it worked pretty good on my scratches, all i hjad to do was give them my vin

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well im sure your paints in alot better condition than mine is...are these deep scratches?? if your just talking like swirl marks and stuff use the scratch and swirlx from meguiars that stuff works great.
These are scratches not swirl marks. They aren't real bad. The touch up paint is an idea. I will probably get some. I was just wondering if a rubbing compound or something else would look better than the touch up paint when finished.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
Dual action polisher, HD UNO with an orange cutting pad, speed 5-6. Buffing scratches is a waste of time by hand.

Follow up with the UNO on a white polishing pad, and apply your wax/sealer when finished.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dual action polisher, HD UNO with an orange cutting pad, speed 5-6. Buffing scratches is a waste of time by hand.

Follow up with the UNO on a white polishing pad, and apply your wax/sealer when finished.

Thanks a lot man. Your Dodge came out real nice in your thread. Hopefully I can get my car looking nice again.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
Thanks a lot man. Your Dodge came out real nice in your thread. Hopefully I can get my car looking nice again.
Thanks [drinking]

Any heavy swirling or scratches are just not worth doing by hand. Even touchup paint will still look off unless you wet-sand and buff/polish by machine.

Id highly recommend researching dual action polishers and some good products to use with it.

If the scratches are nail deep, they will need to be filled and wet-sanded to look close to perfect. Can be done but takes some time.

If you're interested, let me know and i can link you to some good stuff to start off with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts