Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what should i get first hps intake or steeda short ram i live in miami so im really scared to hydro lock and i have a 2 inch drop or should i get my mbrp 2.5 inch exhaust pls help lot of ?s running through my mind lol

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Honestly hydrolocking has a very low chance of happening. IMO the CAI is way better then the SRI because you are getting better air which equals more power. And just be smart, you see a big puddle...don't go threw it.

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
i had a friend that hydroloced his tibiron in a rain storm. it raind 6 inchs in 10 minutes or so. all the storm drains were backed up. he was in the middle of nowere around midnight when it hit needless to say the shop pulled 3 liters of water out of the exhaust

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
theres a thread all about hydrolocking... ive only seen one member that had a duratec engine report of hydrolock..... thats 1 out of how many?

when it rains just avoid puddles and such, and dont drive like an ass and you'll be fine... and if you get teh Steeda SRI, and you hydrolock your car, the water line in your car would be up to the bottom of your windows almost, so you'll be floating at that point.

and why are you debating on what intake to get first? just get one and stick with it.... ive had the cosworth on my car sinse i owned it a week, i havent had one issue ever with it.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont knoe wether to go short ram or cai

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
CAI will yield alittle more power, and you'll avoid heatsoak, and thats an issue in FL

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
I really like my steeda, I just like being able to drive the car without having to avoid anything. I drive the car like stock no hassels or worries durring the rain and honestly I have never felt any heatsoak and I live in the lowest point of ALABAMA.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hows the hps intake on ebay ?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I hear the HPS is nice, get it, same thing as the focus sport one pretty much,alot cheaper, hehe. The HPS intake would be a great first mod, will wake up ur duratec really nicely. And ive never hydrolocked b4 and ive driven in some serious rain, only thing thats ever happned to me was my maf sensor got wet, car acted like crazy, but once it was dry it was good.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
i do not understand....? you had a million threads about all this already. you got a ton of advice from everyone, with some locked threads. you told us all that you already had one intake coming (it was in ur sig), and then did another thread, asking abot the FS CAI. u then said you had finally decided on one, and were ordering it.

if u forget, here it is:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169756&page=2

and now ur asking again? what is the deal...what do u actually have on the car?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
i mean, i want to be helpful, but it seems you are just not listening to us in the first place.....

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
CAI FTW, just incase you didn't hear me the first time...lol

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
i just found another of your threads...seems now ur talking about doing nitrous. so yeah, ud wanna do a cai. the steeda is not a good platform for spray.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
kool

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
lol, my apologies. i didnt mean to bash you; i was genuinely confused. i thought you had already bought an intake, and didnt want to give u advice not knowing what products u already have. i would never not help u b/c of rep! i thot i pmed u only once. i remind everyone about rep in my sig as well, as i think it helps people to have an idea as to who they should take advice from. lesat thats what its like on my other forums.

the hps is a great intake. i would highly rec. it, its probly the best for the buck. some guys on here already have one, and they love it. u can get them on ebay for 150, shipped. its basically the FS one, but the FS curves up a bit higher.

exhaust i would get after the intake.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
i cant find the thread, but someone has a fipk set up with a spray system. i dont think the steeda would be a good match for it. also, if you decide to spray, u would want to change ur TB, to a metal one.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts