Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just got my car on the road after sitting for 2 years(due to money things) its a 02 SVTF with intake and custom exhaust. now i got like about 500$ to spend would like to hear some poeple's input's on the nexted things to get done. trying to get power over looks[:D]

seth

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Skip the tune, buy the best tires you can and toss the junk Contis. Makes more difference than anything short of Forced Induction and drivers training.

My personal favorite is the Falken Azenis RT-615s. About the closest you will get to real race-compound rubber in a daily-driver tire.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
^^^ i'm getting tires soon and since i know you're real big on tires and you seem to know a lot about all the different brands and what works best on the SVT, i was going to pm you with a question that you just answered [:)]

the only thing is, since you hinting at that tire being good for a daily driver, does that mean it's ok in the rain and snow? i'll look it up at tire rack in the meantime.

what are your thoughts on the pirelli nero zero m+s? i was thinking about those

·
Registered
156 Posts
Not sure if Wayne @ Hypnotic still has this special, but I purchased his Xcal2 w/ 2 Tunes and his Short Ram Intake for $480.

Make a BIG difference in power (especially low-end), start-up, idle, and basically improved the way the car runs.

I've had it for some time now and I've never regretted it. [thumb]

I'm sure the other Tuner's can do the same for your car. This is just my experience.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
svt2nv04 said:
does that mean it's ok in the rain and snow? i'll look it up at tire rack in the meantime.
what are your thoughts on the pirelli nero zero m+s? i was thinking about those
Rain=good. Snow=absolutely NOT!
You won't find any info at Tire Rack either, since they don't carry the Falken brand.

Unless you're AutoCrossing a lot, I'd opt for the P-Zero Nero M+S...especially if you want it to work in the snow.[;)]

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
ok in the snow ??[rofl] [rofl] [rofl] thats a good one . lol, hahaha... these are awsome in the dry though!!, i love them....a lot!
i drove on them once after a light snow and anything over 20 mph was crazy sideways[;)]

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
WD40 said:
You won't find any info at Tire Rack either, since they don't carry the Falken brand.
yeah after i posted on here i went to tirerack and saw they don't have any falken tires, just didn't have time to post back on here.

how about a little cheaper tire like the kumho ecsta asx? or what other high performance tires would work well being a daily driver?

SVTbedson, there's two guys on this site that's made it easy for us. wayne at www.hypillauto.com uses the SCT and tom at www.focus-power.com uses the predator and according to your mods they'll install a tune for you.

·
Registered
427 Posts
WD40 said:

Unless you're AutoCrossing a lot, I'd opt for the P-Zero Nero M+S...especially if you want it to work in the snow.[;)]
I have the p-zero's they are excellent in every weather condition. I even drove home one night with like 8 or 9 inches of snow on the ground.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.