Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think they are going to total my '12.

I am thinking about a '14 they still have at my dealer with the same equipment - but it's stickered about $27k

How low would they need to go, if you are in my shoes?

I know the '15 are coming, but I need a car now

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
If you can, get the damaged car totalled. Even if it costs you money. You will be far far happier with a new car than a busted up POS that now looks 'OK" (after they fix it) but will STILL have boatloads of issues no one will take care of. (And will be worth thousands less when you trade it in anyway.)

So be GLAD they might total you car. Seriously!! [wave]

Everyone I know who ever had a serious smash and got the car fixed regretted it 100%.
No one who let them junk the damaged car ever regretted getting a new car. (except it may have dented their wallet.. But like I wrote, you WILL lose that money anyway, when you want to trade in the once repaired car and discover NO ONE WILL BUY IT)

·
Registered
472 Posts

I am thinking about a '14 they still have at my dealer with the same equipment - but it's stickered about $27k

You should be able to get that down to 21ish.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Take a look at Truecar.com. Configure the car the way you like and get prices from dealers in your area. Even if you can't find the exact match it should give you a good idea about discounts from MSRP.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
And I doubt its going to be repaired....clipped on the right side by a semi-trailer rear wheels, which sent me spinning to the left and was hit T-Bone style by another truck right against the drivers door and front fender - took off the front drivers wheel with the transaxle shaft with it.

Add to this now a cracked engine block and tranaxle....it's gone according the dealer body shop.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
The rebates on 2014 Ti are HUGE.
It was like $4K the last time I looked...
Then you got the usual dealer discounts..
So yeah I would think 21K would fly..

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
27K seems high but if you can get the price down then go for it!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
With SE's going as low as $13,500, the Ti should be WELL discounted as well.

·
Registered
218 Posts
There is something like 3k factory rebates, plus another 500 from Ford Credit. You should be able to get another 2k in concessions from the dealership. They are under pressure from Ford to move the 2014s because of the new body style 2015s. My new SE is virtually identical to a Titanium less the MFT with navigation so maybe look at an SE.

·
Registered
822 Posts

Some of the 2015's are on dealers lots now. I can confirm this as I was looking at a sedan this last Sunday on a dealers lot about 10 miles from me. Check cars.com or similar to see if there are any at dealers near you.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some of the 2015's are on dealers lots now. I can confirm this as I was looking at a sedan this last Sunday on a dealers lot about 10 miles from me. Check cars.com or similar to see if there are any at dealers near you.
Oh, I know there are already 2015's on this dealers lot.

I want the 2014 only because I think the discount will make it worth it to me.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Saw a 2015 on the lot today, but still went with a 2014. White Platinum Titanium with the moonroof, touch/nav and sport package.

Pretty much the same as my '12 Sterling Grey....but got a smoking deal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts