Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, new to this forum just have a few questions.
So im buying a focus svt 2003 and there are just a couple things that i wanna replace/fix on it, nothing major. First is the stock sub that came with it.. i guess the owner before me,first owner, blew it and i was wondering how i should replace it. Now its just covered up and it dosnt look right. Second is the boot on the e-brake loose and i can put it back in place but the next time i park it gets pulled back up and its annoying. Third is the stock radio CD player dosnt work, should i try and replace it or just get a aftermarket headunit, but Ive heard that it isnt compatible on this vehicle with some of its features? Any help with this will be appreciated.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, what intake should i go with? Will it need to be tuned? Im a previous mustang owner and not familiar with these cars.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Also, what intake should i go with? Will it need to be tuned? Im a previous mustang owner and not familiar with these cars.
Hello and welcome Iwas in your place a month ago, I am a Ford family, Mustang guy. I own a DD Cobra 93 and a 91GT Drag car so coming into the 4cylnder world was and still is alot diffrent. It depends on what you want to do with your car, most people and I will agree that a tune is the first most important mod you should do, obs fix anything that needs to make the car safe first but you will get the best bang for your buck with a tune. Mine came with a xcal2 and waynes tune I reverted my car back to stock and it just horrible after driving it tuned. There is a So you want to mod your SVT thread around here look at that it probably the best thing you can read. CAI/SRI only basically add/change sound keeping it NA, ORP/HFC is the 2nd best depending on what state you live in. Wheels/Flywheel to help RPMS, Port/Polish heads/New Cams/Intake Manifold but those are mostly for FI, I might be buying a Top Speed Manifold those, I don't like the idea of plastic and it supposly gets holes in it from FI.. Kinda scary.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
For the sub you want to get a 4ohm replacement, you'll probably need a 3/4" MDF spacer ring for an aftermarket sub because the stock box is shallow; that's if you can't find a speaker that fits. The stock sub is bolted to the back of the box and you have to fill the bolt hole with some epoxy to reseal it again.

You can use any aftermarket head unit you want and it will work fine, be sure to get one with sub controls. To get the sub to work you need to wire in a RCA plug in the stock harness. For the steering wheel controls you need a PAC audio steering wheel control adapter. I've done all of this on my car and my dad's Mountaineer and everything works like factory. There are sticky's on how to do this stuff on here and on Ford forums in general.

I had a 91 GT that I drove for four years, but it started to rust in a bad place; otherwise I would still have it. I had my SVT for a year and I just now developed a comfortable knowledge base on my Focus so far.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i plan on getting it tuned, i think ill buy a SCT handheld and then take it to my local dyno and get that set up rather than a general tune. As of now the car has magnaflow headers back, and i wanna buy a ORP if they ever come back in stock...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I with go with a remote tune from tom.... If you buy a SCT handheld tom can set you up with a tune for 150 and will update you for free with any N/A mods you add I will be doing this once I fix some things up from the car I bought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts