Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have full coverage on my SVT and some douch decided to make a "cool" decal on my PAINT! lol salty[rant] but the good thing is... i got it quoted.. took it to insurance and the gave me 1200$$$ and i dont need to use all of it on the paintjob/key fix... so i estimate i will have about 6-800$ left to spend after the fix.. so what mod is next on the list?>>?

Current Mods: Steeda SRI, Steeda Tri/ax SS, CFM dogbone engine mount,8000K Hids, 20% tint all around, MSD wires & colder plugs, 2 12" RF P2s w/ 1200 Amp, and eibach pro shocks and sportline springs(no installed)!

IDEAs?!?!!?
thx

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
They actually just handed you the money? Wow.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
high flow cat and or a tune

·
Registered
128 Posts
Honestly if the miles are high on your car invest the money in the timing belt, water pump, timing tensoiner etc. If not hfc and tune.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
noooo noooo!! i got a gem! 03 with only 76000 miles on it!! my main thought was to go get the tune.. prolly from Tom... but i want an exhaust but i have researched and its been provent that it doesnt give me big gains for the $$ i would be spending on it.. and i dont really like the sound of a non res exhaust.. HFC or ORP? i kno the ORP will make it raspy and i dont want that at ALL! would a flywheel and mb a clutch combo or juss the flywheel give me SUPER fast revs? or should i juss get the HFC & the Tune?

thx guys ur help is always appreciated!

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
My vote, as everyone's should be, is for vehicle maintenance costs.

BTW, it is called insurance fraud and is illegal, to some extent.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
76k is timing belt time or clunk wtf?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah, Clean I bought my 04 with 55,000 and its a tad under 70,000 now I'm going to change it before winter, as with most people on this forum they opt to change them early, The svtf will clash valves if it goes out of time and will be a costly repair, so i wouldn't over look it. The tensioner typically goes before the belt, pull the cover on your timing belt and check the belt for cracks mine still looks fine but i want to change for insurance better be safe than sorry, Not trying to preach or sound like a parent but changing it out early will save you money in the long run.

Also exhaust wise hks and orp sound amazing, i may run that route in the future or hfc and hks something about the slant tip i like.

·
Registered
20 Posts
the whole point of this thread was to get feedback from other members on what i should get. basically the "best bang for the buck" i would get more outta my $$ buy spending it on a tune, orp, or a hfc... rather than get and exhaust.

no disrespect to anyone else.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Much love up in "hur"

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
They are correct, its fraud in a way. And no, its not your money its insurances money. what happens if the repair shop sends a copy of the bill to your insurance company? It effects everybody because there are really not that many insurance companies, and it does not go by state. You could do the right thing and at least inform the insurance company of the real cost and see what they advise.

If you do what i think and just keep it all, then i would get a timing belt. Its close enough to the service time.

there are about 1000 threads about "SVT best bang for buck" search will be your bestest friend around here.

i did not see any smack talk in iminhell's post, he was just informing you about the mods you already have and how they will relate to any
future mods.

and, the orp is not raspy at all. you just NEED the resonator.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I would agree with the other posts. Original timing belts are known to fail around where you're at. If you're still set on performance, you can ask a mechanic to throw an Underdrive pulley in while they're in there. AEM makes one, Thats what i did 7k miles ago.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Insurance companies will give you a check if you state that you would like to find your own body shop/repair shop to fix the damages. And you can do whatever with the money.

I know because I have done this several times in the past.

Usually take it to a friend that owns a shop and he would just charge me the good fee and what ever else is left over no worries.

Now, if it's a shop that you are not a friend with, but still has a good rate, they will not bother the insurance because the money isn't under a claim it's under your name.

Back to where to spend it ... I also agree on the Timing Belt, if you can do it yourself or any member around you can help you ... that would help plenty.

If not, spend the money on maintenance before performance. As many know, poor maintenance, poor performance.

Good luck on your decision.

-Ray-

-Ray-

·
Registered
20 Posts
Insurance companies will give you a check if you state that you would like to find your own body shop/repair shop to fix the damages. And you can do whatever with the money.

I know because I have done this several times in the past.

Usually take it to a friend that owns a shop and he would just charge me the good fee and what ever else is left over no worries.

Now, if it's a shop that you are not a friend with, but still has a good rate, they will not bother the insurance because the money isn't under a claim it's under your name.

Back to where to spend it ... I also agree on the Timing Belt, if you can do it yourself or any member around you can help you ... that would help plenty.

If not, spend the money on maintenance before performance. As many know, poor maintenance, poor performance.

Good luck on your decision.

-Ray-

-Ray-

"Insurance companies will give you a check if you state that you would like to find your own body shop/repair shop to fix the damages. And you can do whatever with the money."
^^^ thank u! ha
AND it is MY money they wrote the check out to ME. not a shop
and i do have a guy who works for a ford paint shop and will gimmie a great deal on the fix and WILL NOT inform insurance cuz there is no need to. i previously got an estimate and the insurance co. gave me MORE than the estimate was!
ugh but i want the tune soo bad!! but i dont wanna get the tune and then my engine blows cuz i didnt fix the timing belt...but is the timing belt fix super pricey??

again no disrepect to all who are trying to help and not be my personal accountant.

·
Registered
624 Posts

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
Get rid of the 8000k hids, and install 4300s....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the timing belt is very inexpensive. The entire timing kit will cost a little more than $100 and should take about an hour or two of your time

here is one on ebay for less that $100

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dayc...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

definitely do this before you do anything else to your car
OOOO really? thats it?! i thought i would be more.. but would u guys TRUST buyin one of those kits from ebay or should i go to ford or autozone or something like that???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts