Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to sell my dirtbike for around 3000obo. with that money should i try to put together a turbo and make my car look better with like a wide body kit or something and a fresh paintjob and stuff like that?

·
bow chicka wow wow
4,051 Posts
lol.. i would put it toward what u owe on ur car.. but thats just me ;)

otherwise.. i would work on engine mods.

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
Payments, engine mods and some new exterior parts but no wide body kit.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the car is payed for, i dont have a job so i was thinkin looks first then when i get a job do the turbo so i dont have to settle and get used parts for the turbo, and i found a nice wide kit thiugh. any reasons why no on the wide kit?

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
You can only pull wide off if you do it right. Hence wheels and all.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
buy a spare motor and tear it down and build it back up so that when you do eventually have the money to turbo it there are no worries.

obviously i'm more into the speed of a car than the looks of it...

you need to figure out what suits you best.

most of us here will agree that your car already looks very good. sure new paint might be in order but overall it would be a shame to molest the already nice looks of the svt with some cheap (probably fiberglass) bodykit.

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Keep in mind widebody will require new wheels too unless you want to look like a noob. There's so much work to be done getting those things to fit right and actually come out looking quality. I'd pass on it.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
3000 isnt enough to build a turbo. Your car is Pretty Much built isnt it? I would probably throw it in a CD and wait till you have enough to do the whole turbo Build.

I would take some of the money and throw on larger Front and Rear sway bars and stressbars. What Kinda Dampers do you have? If they are just the SVTs then I would also get aftermarket

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
supacharga is what i hear your car asking for...

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
ShugarLo said:
yea, i mean you to drive a neon.. ;)
dont hate, you know you love to ride me... i mean ride with me...um, in my car...

3000 isnt enough to build a turbo. Your car is Pretty Much built isnt it? I would probably throw it in a CD and wait till you have enough to do the whole turbo Build.

I would take some of the money and throw on larger Front and Rear sway bars and stressbars. What Kinda Dampers do you have? If they are just the SVTs then I would also get aftermarket
As far as i remember, the motor is stock. nothing internal done to it.

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
^Agreed. Turbo or go home....And i agree with your idea for him to get another motor. That and some more bolt on goodies.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
why would i need to get another motor mine seems fine. and i got alot of bolt ons, if wayne didnt take any off.

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
Just do the turbo then. NO to the wide body kit.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
why would i need to get another motor mine seems fine. and i got alot of bolt ons, if wayne didnt take any off.
because with that money you could build up a pretty decent low compression motor which would be great for a boosted application like you want... however, low compression with no boost will be much slower than it is now. you could have the spare motor ready for when you can afford the turbo stuff.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I wish I knew you all when I had my SVTF. I had an extra SVT zetec sitting in my garage. All it needed was one valve. I sold the pistons, rods, and gave the head to a guy off here....and tossed the rest in the trash. I actually had the head in the trash and went and got it back out to ship to the guy. I just got tired of it sitting in my garage...sat there for about a year and a half doing nothing but getting in my way. Should have kept it....oh well.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
hah i wish i had known you too eric, you too

1 - 19 of 19 Posts