Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, im newbie in all that subs, amps stuff.. its like a grandma looking for a start menu, thats how dumb i am when it comes to amps and subs... Well here we go.. i got this system for cheap, and now i wana use it wisely in my car. Here are some pictures. Right now, i have the first amp, connected to the sub.. but i was thinking maybe do it something different, to have the best sound in my car? My stereo is not stock

This is the stereo I have Roadmaster VRVD640G

Thats the box i got, with speakers.

Thats one amp Pioneer GM-X564

Thats the side of the first amp

Thats the second amp

And thats the side of the second amp

And this... I dont even know what this is lol

·
Registered
152 Posts
your last pic is a cap, good idea to have one

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i want maybe what will be called a tutorial, or a walk through, on how to connect all of it to my stereo. (my stereo is not stock)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought this system... and i added the stereo i have, to my lil picture gallery

5,155 Posts
You will need an amp wiring kit, you can pick one up at WalMart, Best Buy, etc. They usually run around $30-60 depending on the gauge of the wire. You'll probably want one rated for around 700-750 watts.

There are three power wires:
1: Main Power Wire - which attaches directly to your battery.
2: Ground Wire - which you'll need to find a suitable ground in your car (you can just find a small hole into which you can use a small screw, but you need to sand off the paint first so it will attach directly to the metal).
3: Remote Turn On Wire - This wire goes directly from your headunit to the amp. It turns the amp on when your radio is on and off when your radio is off.

Then there are the RCA cables: They just plug into the back of the headunit and the amps, in the red/white ports. In your case, the wires will plug from the headunit to the Pioneer amp in the input ports, then a second set of wires from the output ports on the Pioneer amp into the ports on the AudioPipe amp. (ie: [headunit]==[Pioneer]==[AudioPipe])

Finally, there are the speaker wires: If you have hooked up any set of speakers before, you've basically done this. Just take the speaker wire and go from the channel output terminals to the terminals in the back of the speakerbox.

The speaker wires and power wires are attached by loosening the screws on the side of the amps (left for Pioneer, right for AudioPipe), wrapping the bare wire around the screw a bit and screwing it back into the terminal (make sure the wire is UNDER the small plate though).

Personally, I've never used a cap. I believe it is attached on the Main Power Wire, before the amp. Just snip the power wire and attach the cap in-line. (ie: [battery]---[cap]---[amp]) If someone could confirm or deny this, please do so.

It is fairly a straight forward install. I've done my fair share of simple installs while I was younger. The whole process should take no more than an hour. Honestly though, I don't know why you have two amps. For your situation, I'd use only the Pioneer amp, unless you're planning to add full range (door) speakers to your setup. Any more questions, feel free to PM me (or look out for SquillyB, haven't seen him on in a while though).

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
^^he said everything. I have done my own system and screen before and it cant be put in any other way. Im not sure about the cap either but its good to have one so ur lights wont dim.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Eh don't need a cap to stop the lights from dimming. Just do the "Big 3", but since he has one, it doesn't hurt to hook it up.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
well looking at what you got this is what I would do....

Take one of the subs and get a box or build a box for just one of them...

Use the pioneer amp and power one sub with that amp (that amp most likely will not power both subs correctly)

You really do not need the capacitor there isnt enough draw between the two amps to deem one necessary.

Hang on to the audiopipe amp....You could replace your front speakers and use it to power those.

Use the above mentioned process to wire it up

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
heres the way this system was connected in the car it was removed from.. The wires from the sub were connected directly to the smaller amp (audiopipe) and the 4 (car) speakers were connected to the bigger amp (Pioneer). And everything was connected somehow to each other, including the cap.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Caps are only good for old old amps that would draw alot more power and even then they werent any good...if i got one cheap enough id use it for looks but thats about it

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Waffles ZX3 Kona Sport it did helped me out a lot, im just kinda busy doing the system right now... But right now i have the sub connected to the amp (Pioneer) and the amp to the stereo, it does kicks the bass, bout not as clear and nice as it was in the car it was taken from.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts