Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just finished my taxes and im going to be expecting about an $1100 tax return [:D] now the question is what to do with it. my rhoughts were intake, exhaust, maybe a header (i live in MA though im sure it will srew the smog), i want to tint my windows, other than that ill have to wait for some more $$$$$ what would be the best combo of mods for the money???

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've spent about that and I have Intake, header, exhaust, cam adj. Lets see $159 for Marcy Intake(go with the marcy I dont have it but wish I did and they are going to be colored soon as well) $350 for a header, $299 for exhaust, and $100 for cam adj. hat comes out to $910 if you install yourself, you have almost $200 left over for tint but you should buy some springs at least instead. AND YOU DONT, I REPEAT DO NOT NEED A THROTTLE BODY UNTIL YOU ARE OVER 200WHP THE STOCK THROTTLE BODY FLOWS JUST AS MANY CFM's UNLESS YOU WANT IT FOR LOOKS. Spend what I told you and have a mid 14 sec car and enjoy[driving]

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
since my car is new i shouldn't have to get smogged for five years?????correct.... so if i keep the stock header i could swap it if i sell the car or when i need to get smogged.... also will it trip the CEL...i can't stand those lights...if so is there a cheeter?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes, it will trip a cel and yes, I think there is a cheater for it........on second thought, I dont know.

And I think the smog interval on new cars is four years, not 5.

Yes, you will have to swap back the stock emissions equipment when you go to sell the car, or get it smogged. That is what most everyone who plans to modify this car accepts, because I doubt any manufacturers are going to get carb stickers.

Pzev

·
Registered
114 Posts
Millertyme said:
since my car is new i shouldn't have to get smogged for five years?????correct.... so if i keep the stock header i could swap it if i sell the car or when i need to get smogged.... also will it trip the CEL...i can't stand those lights...if so is there a cheeter?

Actually there is no CEL yet and have been driving the car for four days. About 20 starts. So maybe it will eventually come on, but I can reset my computer and hopefully it will go back off for another week. I had the same problem with my Mustang, I got a CEL about 2 weeks after I put my off-road H-Pipe on and I reset it a couple of times than finally it never came back I guess the computer just accepted it I dont know. Usually it comes on because the rear sensor is a cat-efficiency sensor and there is no cat so it is not efficient of course. And yes you can jumper the circuit and avoid it all together. MIL eliminator. Worry about the Smog deal in five years get the power now.

·
Registered
466 Posts
you should go with the cold air intake, exhaust (cat back), and maybe some springs. i would hold off on the tint until i had a few bolt-ons.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts