Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my stock 6-spoke wheels and i'm debating what to do with them. They are this style:
http://www.dragtimes.com/images-cla...6-SPOKE-FACTORY-16--for-sale_310291387004.jpg

They have a few scratches, nothing major, but the clear coat is peeling on one wheel and it doesnt look too good.

Should i just try to sell them as they are or paint them? What color is popular for painted wheels these days? I was thinking silver because it matches everything, but idk if a different color would make them easier to sell.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
If fairly priced I'm sure someone from the snow tire crowd will be interested in them. I doubt you would go wrong sticking with silver or even a dark gray metallic. Both are popular and go with most car body colors. Just remember that proper surface prep is 90% of any paint job.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
a normal color will make them easier to sell. grab a can of duplicolor wheel silver and wheel clear and have at it with just a little prep.

·
low n slow
2,163 Posts
or bright effin green[thumb]

·
Registered
295 Posts
I always wanted to do something like this with a hole saw to a stock wheel.

·
low n slow
2,163 Posts
looks interesting but i dont think i would try it. that has to compromise the structural integrity of that wheel, not safe if you ask me

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I always wanted to do something like this with a hole saw to a stock wheel.

What? No!

If fairly priced I'm sure someone from the snow tire crowd will be interested in them. I doubt you would go wrong sticking with silver or even a dark gray metallic. Both are popular and go with most car body colors. Just remember that proper surface prep is 90% of any paint job.
I'm trying to sell the wheels and tires as one package seeing as the tires have plenty of tread left. Someone who wants them for snow tires probably wont want to pay for my old tires just to replace them.

I've painted quite a bit before, so i'm familiar with the process [thumb] I'll probably get a few cans of dark gray metallic just to make them stand out a little without being too ridiculous (lol neon green).

Anyone interested in some dark gray wheels? [hihi]

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I'm trying to sell the wheels and tires as one package seeing as the tires have plenty of tread left. Someone who wants them for snow tires probably wont want to pay for my old tires just to replace them. [hihi]

While I know it might be a pain in the butt, you might have a better chance selling the tires and wheels separately. Used wheels in decent shape have more value than used tires. If it were me I'd try selling the tires locally (like Craig's list etc). Shipping a tire AND wheel adds a lot of expense that may discourage a buyer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts