Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering getting a SC. I have a atomatic so anything I do I plan on making my trans beefier to hold the power. My question is what do I need to get to have a trans that will hold low to mid 200whp?

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes but not cheaper. I'm going to have a limit of 3,000 or 4,000. <--- I have that to do EVERYTHING I need for a turbo or SC car. If i'm even allowed to get a personal loan.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What part of Virginia are you in?

I have an '02 ZX3 with the MTX75 that I'm completely stripping for a V8 swap. If you decide to go down that road I can totally cut you a deal on most, if not all, parts involved in the swap.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Do a search on Lantech (sp?)
They have trans parts to full tranys.

I hope that helps.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
If you want 200+ whp on an auto, then you will be over 4k!! no getting around it. the only option for the auto is a JRSC prolly w/o the BBK or ur tranny will die. it all depends, but the limits of an auto are about 175 hp.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's the Lentech parts list: http://www.lentechautomatics.com/aodproducts.html#

I don't agree that taking out a personal loan would be smart to throw at your car, I mean 3-4k to turbo, SC your car? Man i dunno, there's just all sorts of things wrong with that IMHO. Just me though.
I could have got 3,000 for 100 a month. I make 800 a month. Being able to afford it isnt an issue. I wanted to do this for two reasons. One to build my credit and two, to have a beastly focus. But unfortunitly due to my age I have not had credit long enough to get a loan.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you want 200+ whp on an auto, then you will be over 4k!! no getting around it. the only option for the auto is a JRSC prolly w/o the BBK or ur tranny will die. it all depends, but the limits of an auto are about 175 hp.

If I was able to do this which I was sure I was going to be able to. I planned on waiting for a turbo or s/c to come up in the BST. Infacf I was looking at one for 1,500 in the BST. But oh well. Maybe in a year!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I could have got 3,000 for 100 a month. I make 800 a month. Being able to afford it isnt an issue. I wanted to do this for two reasons. One to build my credit and two, to have a beastly focus. But unfortunitly due to my age I have not had credit long enough to get a loan.
On a side note, if you wanna work on building your credit, put around $500 into a savings account, and get a loan against that. Pay it off over 12m or so, and it will help you start building (or in my case, rebuilding) credit. If you're a student, there's always Discover. In the past they basically gave away cards to students.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^ I've already payed off 3 credit cards with NO late payments. Which I was sure that was enough. But aparently not..

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
4 g's? buy my procharger.... im selling everything that it needs to run it... all the way down to denso cold plugs - stage 3's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts