Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want more sound... Ive got like $300 spending limit right now. I want some nice mod.... All I've thought about are ebay halos, aem cai, and a thule roof rack but I'm not sure about any of these as of right now. Someone convince me of something good. btw, i now have a mesh grille and new clear fogs. oh, and a clean car ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you want to put the rack to use, I would go for that so you pay for something more useful than better looking headlights. On the other hand if you just like the looks of the rack, go for the intake or headlights. The drag of the rack isn't worth the looks if you're not going to put it to use IMO. If you're trying to decide between lights and the intake, I would go for the reliable performance of the aem intake over the ebay headlights which are usually hit or miss in terms of quality.

·
Registered
33 Posts
personally i've been looking into/adding:
k&n ram air
ebay halo's (lol)
lowering springs
drilled rotors off of ebay (i've had good luck with them in the past plus they look sweet)
painting my calipers... i plan to go with yellow so they really pop seeing as my car is red
led lighting. interior + exterior
xenon headlights?
blacked out tail lights
debadging
tint windows
paint interior vents, some trim, etc. (tastefully of course)

these are a few thing's that im doing and plan on doing to my 03 SVT, hope they might give some ideas. and i also cut my antenna shorter down to 7" or 8" and in my opinion it looks a ton better. plus its free! :)

also if your looking for sound upgrades i would personally get a nice double din head deck. i think they look better. kenwood makes a nice looking touchscreen for like $260 or something like that on ebay. pioneer makes a nice one in that price range as well. i put a pioneer dvd navi unit in my SVT and LOVE it!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you want to put the rack to use, I would go for that so you pay for something more useful than better looking headlights. On the other hand if you just like the looks of the rack, go for the intake or headlights. The drag of the rack isn't worth the looks if you're not going to put it to use IMO. If you're trying to decide between lights and the intake, I would go for the reliable performance of the aem intake over the ebay headlights which are usually hit or miss in terms of quality.
1) i like the looks of the rack
2) i snowboard and its very hard to go up to the mountain with all the gear in my car and 1 person in the back.

Ive got a thule roof rack for sale
Pics on the car?? link please!

personally i've been looking into/adding:
k&n ram air
ebay halo's (lol)
lowering springs
drilled rotors off of ebay (i've had good luck with them in the past plus they look sweet)
painting my calipers... i plan to go with yellow so they really pop seeing as my car is red
led lighting. interior + exterior
xenon headlights?
blacked out tail lights
debadging
tint windows
paint interior vents, some trim, etc. (tastefully of course)

these are a few thing's that im doing and plan on doing to my 03 SVT, hope they might give some ideas. and i also cut my antenna shorter down to 7" or 8" and in my opinion it looks a ton better. plus its free! :)

also if your looking for sound upgrades i would personally get a nice double din head deck. i think they look better. kenwood makes a nice looking touchscreen for like $260 or something like that on ebay. pioneer makes a nice one in that price range as well. i put a pioneer dvd navi unit in my SVT and LOVE it!
Done everything you've mentioned except: halos, led lighting, K&n ram air. Im getting some stock tail lights this weekend for extremely cheap (taillights, all heater vents, drivers seat, oh s#$% handle for $50.) so i may switch from my after market tail lights to tinted stock.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Why not go for a Volant intake? Adds a nice sound to the engine and increases the power pretty well. I picked one up for $200 this summer and normally in the ForSale section there are some well used ones for $150-200.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why not go for a Volant intake? Adds a nice sound to the engine and increases the power pretty well. I picked one up for $200 this summer and normally in the ForSale section there are some well used ones for $150-200.
Ill check in to it.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
sit on that money for now and watch the for sale section when you find something you would like get it. there are always great deals

·
Registered
744 Posts
Thays just the scoop that adds to the side of the volant intakebro.. no intake would be that cheap new..

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Try FSwerk's for C.A.I. & Steeda for a S.R.I. noticeable difference.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Try FSwerk's for C.A.I. & Steeda for a S.R.I. noticeable difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts