Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good solution of how to reduce or eliminate the dashboard glare that shows up on the windshield when driving in (mostly) sunny conditions?

Hopefully a solution not requiring those fabric mat things from the 1980s that my parents used to have (albeit a tasteful similar solution might be OK).

My interior is grey on the dash and white'ish on the A-pillar.

(yes, the glass is pretty clean)

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Anything that keeps the "polish" of those surfaces to a minimum is a plus.

Clean & DULL is best, any cleaner/protectant that leaves a shine is to be avoided (no Armor All or equivalent).

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Usual disclaimers about testing on an inconspicuous surface.....

When driving a truck, dash/interior can get quite grungy & the most recent product I used was a general purpose spray cleaner of the "Orange Clean" variety.

Stronger stuff than is recommended for car interiors, so that "testing" isn't a joke. I've seen cleaners remove some of the paint from plastics, you might get it duller than desired.

Make your own cheap cleaner with drops of dish detergent in water with a used spray bottle, nothing to create a shine there.

There's probably a proper product out there, I'm just used to seeing many that are made to shine things up as the usual items available & pretty doesn't help when you want to SEE and are less concerned about appearance.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Armour all do a matt shine product

Best thing to tone down a dash is black shoe polish!, its pretty matt if you dont polish it

Take white side trim off and spray it matt black

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Use a Motorcraft FL-400S filter to increase filtration media and oil quantity. (Drop in for FL-910S)
Completely unrelated but do you mind pointing me to the direction where I can read more about your signature re Motorcraft FL-400S?

And as for the dash, I did some more research and it seems like a dash cover is going to be a strong option. Not sure what to do about the A-Pillar reflections besides finding some sort of matte spray or a "carbon fiber" type adhesive (but that may look a bit tacky).

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts