Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've been perusing some ground effects, and I've got a question: When it says Air Dam, does that mean that you remove your bumper and replace it with a completely different one? Or does it just get put on top of it?[???:)]

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK...
My front Bumper was cracked due to some prick who backed into me in a parking lot...
So if I was to just buy an aftermarket front piece instead, I would not want an air dam?

Pretty much, I don't want to have to get my bumper to stock if I can just buy an aftermarket now, since that is what I am going to end up doing anyways.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
It depends on how low you want your front bumper to be. If you have rough roads in your area, then probably not.

Woohoo !

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I would want something like this right?

Just elaborating on my last explanation... I don't want to buy a stock bumper, just so I can put an aftermarket on.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
So, looks like you want the air dam on the bumper.

This should be OK but another thing to consider is if your going to drop your car 1.5 to 2 inches with springs, make sure the front bumper isn't going to be too low.

Good luck on your choice.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no plans on dropping the car... I eventually want to get some bigger rims (I'm actually looking the the 17" SVT rims from ford), but I have no intention of dropping the car at all, as cool as it would be, I have to be a little practical living here in VT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts