Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They used to be known for power and prescence, and now Ford advertises them for a suburbanite, iPod toting lifestyle.

The Mercury I loved [cool]
1964 Marauder

1967 Cougar

2004 Marauder (The last great Mercury. Was discontinued in 2004.)

The Mercury now [shameful]
2006 Milan

2002 Cougar

2006 Mariner

I know things change with time, but we've all seen those retarded Mercury commercials.

·
Registered
411 Posts
My good friend has a 03 Marauder that runs a 12.5 1/4 mile....I have always wanted to see them redo the Cougar.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well what also pissed me off was them killin the LS with that fast ass 3.9 v8.
Those things are bad ass.

F.Y.I - the new mustang chassi came from the LS which out handled the BMW and others in its class at the time.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I know the commercails are boring, but
1964 Marauder - rebodied Galaxy
1967 Cougar - rebodied Mustang
2004 Marauder - crown vic
2006 Milan - Fusion
2002 cougar - ? contour
2006 Mariner - Escape
Ford has been "sharing" for a long time and will continue to. The new ones don't stray as far as the old.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is'nt GM releasing a 350hp RWD Gran Prix and Impala? Don't get me wrong love GM much more than Ford (for example, GM isn't run by a throng of monkeys throwing poop at each other), but after seeing the sucess of the 300C, Magnum, and Charger, maybe GM is thinking "big cars, big horsepower, big rear wheel drive". Maybe Ford should jump on the bandwagon.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2006 Milan - Fusion
2002 cougar - ? contour
2006 Mariner - Escape
Ford has been "sharing" for a long time and will continue to. The new ones don't stray as far as the old.

I didn't say anything about Ford and Mercury sharing the same platforms... [paranoid]

Have you seen the Milan commercial where the guy wearing the PINK shirt plugs in his iPod and that completely homosexual song starts? It makes me oh so pissed everytime I see it. Bring back the Marauder and a RWD Cougar.

Compare this 2003 Marauder commercial to the Milan commercial, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
2006 Milan - Fusion
2002 cougar - ? contour
2006 Mariner - Escape
2002 Cougar = Focus.

Yes, ever notice how they cut production on the big Cougar to introduce the
smaller one. Right at the same time that the Focus came out in 1999

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2002 Cougar = Focus.

Yes, ever notice how they cut production on the big Cougar to introduce the
smaller one. Right at the same time that the Focus came out in 1999
I'd rather have a Cougar than a Focus. Optional V6 and better looks (IMO) with the Cougar. But I'd MUCH MUCH rather have the Marauder. That and the 94-96 Impala SS are my favorite sedans.

·
Made In The USA
2,010 Posts
Mercury did what EVERY other car company did......
*sold out
*cheapened up the line
*Hired chimps to design their cars
*Stopped paying attention to what people want
Pretty much anything they can to destroy their company and make the buyer loose any remaining interest in their vehicles

This is just disgusting.....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ford U.S is the only underperforming sector. I don't know what the U.S automotive trends and fashions are at the moment, but i'm guessing the general public don't currently have a craving for absolute shite. Complete overhaul needed. Europe and Australia are doing just fine.

·
AAAHHHHH!!!!
4,304 Posts
Ford U.S is the only underperforming sector. I don't know what the U.S automotive trends and fashions are at the moment, but i'm guessing the general public don't currently have a craving for absolute shite. Complete overhaul needed. Europe and Australia are doing just fine.
overhaul is nowhere in the near future. we get a "new" taurus!!! YAY!!!

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Taurus saved Ford from going under in the eighties. However I don't think the raging bull is going to pull it off again.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Is'nt there ONE mofo Ford exec that knows about this site?!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thats cause they are not driving things like this!! lol
"Like its (indirect) predecessor, the Ford Probe, the 1999 Cougar was sold and built in the United States in addition to Europe, but in the US it had different branding; in this case being branded as the Mercury Cougar."

We got it here in Aus too but it flopped and only lasted 12 months or so. Fairly ordinary car.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts