Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 thats going to be a daily driver with a FSWerks turbo kit at around 300hp with a built motor
the springs and struts need replacing along with most of the suspension components
I'd like it to drive nice on the street and be able to handle speed bumps and the like.

my other 05 has H&R race springs and KYB adjustable and works great at the track, and not bad on the street, but bumpy roads it really hates so something close to SVT suspension I figure would be the best.

Who makes springs and struts that are similar? I do have another set of KYB adjustables if I can find the right springs to pair them with, but I'm not opposed to buying new ones too. any good recommendations?
and does anyone make progressive springs for a mk1.5 focus?

·
Registered
2004 ZX3 SVT EE 160k miles. 2004 ZX3 SVT 189k miles
3,533 Posts
I have a 2005 thats going to be a daily driver with a FSWerks turbo kit at around 300hp with a built motor
the springs and struts need replacing along with most of the suspension components
I'd like it to drive nice on the street and be able to handle speed bumps and the like.

my other 05 has H&R race springs and KYB adjustable and works great at the track, and not bad on the street, but bumpy roads it really hates so something close to SVT suspension I figure would be the best.

Who makes springs and struts that are similar? I do have another set of KYB adjustables if I can find the right springs to pair them with, but I'm not opposed to buying new ones too. any good recommendations?
and does anyone make progressive springs for a mk1.5 focus?
Ford Racing still sells the complete struts and spring set, along with the rear sway bar. Should be a bolt on for an 05 as you have the same diameter strut as an 00 to 04. If your build date is after April 05 you may need an Omni kit from Massive Speed Systems. It is a sleeve to adapt the small strut to the larger steering knuckle found in the 06 and up.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
This is the kit without springs but does come with the strut mounts and bushings.https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-18000-zx3?seid=srese1&gclid=CjwKCAiAs92MBhAXEiwAXTi25yOBOdnZTRyvmoahXLf7_lCn38yvuNqB2I7Kn_CB4Xi0FqD3ntjvnRoCq4QQAvD_BwE

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
So each kit has a drawback. The first kit you still need mounts and boots. The second doesn't come with a rear sway bar. The 3rd doesn't come with the springs or sway bar and is really meant to service an SVT.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I had an '05 ST ten or so years ago. A daily driver, but no turbo. I replaced the ST suspension, which was "sporty"
to begin with, with a stock SVT suspension, struts/shocks, springs, rear anti-sway bar. It just fine for a year-round daily,
even in Eastern Maine.
Enjoy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts