Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 01 se zetec with cold air intake,65mm tb,headers,msd coil packs,wires,flowmaster exhaust. i wanted to put a supercharger something thats reliable and wont brake my engine any suggestions woul be gladly apreciated. thanks

·
Registered
549 Posts
welcome to the forums gtr....you can go with many choices, if your set on superchargers..then powerworks seems to be the most popular as far as ease of install and reliability, then their is vortech which from what i heard is a bigger pain to install but gives more power, and jackson racing was the first one offered, while very reliable it had the lowest hp/tq gain....it depends on your price allowance and preference...but remember all forced induction can be dangerous for a motor if not properly installed and tuned....good luck

·
Registered
226 Posts
powerworks by far from what i hear. and if its a daily, dont set up boost higher with bigger pulleys or what not. but you still want to get a tune and all that fun stuff. now i do know that a company (not sure which) offers a supercharger with a built in clutch allowing you to disengage the supercharger when you want to save your mpg. you may want to look into that if your daily driving

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
One word: Powerworks. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Powerworks is the way to go. its really reliable and backs a nice bunch. Jackson Racing makes one but its dinky and isnt worth the money. you should also check out the ones by Vortech. C-F-M built a drag car with the Vortech supercharger and it runs 12s. But my money would be with the Powerworks, unless you want some more fun, look into a Turbo.
turbo=more fun {in my book at least}

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
One more vote for the powerworks, especially now that they are on sale. Great ride and quick , too.

·
Registered
226 Posts
yeah i just looked at c-f-m.com heck i wish i had 3K or i would be ordering one was i type!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Nothing & I mean nothing installs easier than the PROCHARGER. More power too. Since someones built engine blew up with the powerworks I would'nt even consider one.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Can the powerworks supercharger be put on a stock (internal) motor with realative little chance of engine damage or is a full rebuild in order to use one?
My motor just turned 50,000 miles....would it be safe to use on my Zetec?

·
Registered
170 Posts
They make them so you can put them on a bone stock motor without problems.Mabye the guy with the "built" engine had a problem with whomever "built" his motor.I have heard nothing but good things from people who have bought the Powerworks unit and I am one half a click away from ordering one myself before they go back to over 4k bucks.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
DueceCoupe said:
Can the powerworks supercharger be put on a stock (internal) motor with realative little chance of engine damage or is a full rebuild in order to use one?
My motor just turned 50,000 miles....would it be safe to use on my Zetec?

Yes, just bolt it on and go. It will make just a hair over 200 hp on a stock car and be very reliable.

·
Registered
538 Posts
the word on the street is......2 things: 1. Check your compression, if it is in spec, GO FOR IT
:) I'm in process of saving my pennies now.
2. The first stock item that is known to "wear out" and require replacement due to the power output of the supercharger is the clutch...understandably so.

What about a mild port and polish while you have the rig all torn apart ? I'm not saying do it yourself or anything before half the ppl get bent out of shape..but would it be a good idea to have it done ?
I planned on it for the simple fact of better airflow/efficiency of a daily driver. It would probably reduce the boost a bit but be worth the efficency.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
You don't have to take it all apart to install the blower. A P&P will only gain you a few HP, hardly worth the effort on a street car. If you are seriously racing a ported head can make the difference between winning and loosing. But on the street I personally wouldn't bother, the blower is gonna make enough to make you happy, just put it together and enjoy the boost!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts