Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have tunein radio and my only issue with it, is the streaming quality, it jumps from 32, to 64 and maybe if I am lucky 128. Basically the sound quality sucks. I recently installed the free version of Slacker Radio and I am totally in love with the service. I am going to cancel my Rdio subscription and switch to Slacker. I love the fact that you can pick a station, and let it play all of the top songs for the genre you selected. They even have workout music to select from.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Spotify, no doubt. I've tried mostly every streaming service out there and Spotify is the only one that doesn't disappoint me. They had a horrible Android app for a long time...but the iOS functionality is spot on (and pretty sure they've made strong upgrades to the Android side, as well).

·
Registered
180 Posts
Depends on the type of music you want.
Pandora is only ok for jazz
Pandora is pretty good for Latin
Slacker is better for jazz but the playlist are only about 50 songs
Slacker is really good for pop but the playlists are short
Slacker is awful for classical
Spotify is terrible for jazz

Accu radio is great for jazz and classical, but terrible for Latin
Accu is good for funk and pop though

Pandora is limited compared to slacker and accu

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
I listen to iHeart radio for my morning radio catch when I am work.
And Pandora when nothing is good on talk radio.

Ray

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I really hate the sound of overly compressed music and find all the streaming services are guilty of over compression. I had the 6 month trial for SiriusXM and hated the quality of it as well. I just can't abide the watery tiled bathroom sound of overly compressed music.

Additionally, streaming music eats a shit ton of data and I'd rather not waste my bandwidth streaming music -- particularly crappy music.

I have a 32GB thumb drive with over 16GB of high bit rate music in my car and don't feel the need to waste bandwidth to listen to inferior quality music.

So, I don't stream music at all...

Brian

·
Registered
275 Posts
None. I find they chew through my cell data plan and not as convenient as throwing my iTunes library onto a USB.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you are into classical or jazz, its pretty hard to get a library as good as accuradio. They have about 50 specialized jazz stations and about 100 specialized classical stations. The stations are not playlists like slacker. The stations have program directors who really know the musici and choose really good material. I have about 60 the gigs of music and my library can't hold a candle to theirs.the sounds quality is generally good but some recordings seem to have been clipped during the conversion process.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
None. I find they chew through my cell data plan and not as convenient as throwing my iTunes library onto a USB.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
I suggest you try wind, I just switched and it's VERY liberating. I have 300 some odd gigs of music, so the usb stick isn't going to work with my whole library..lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
2 Posts
As for me, I prefer Spotify, as it can discover lots of newly songs and music for me. And I also can listen to Spotify music offline with the help of DRmare Music Converter for Spotify. If you are interested in it, you could take a try of it. Good luck.

·
Registered
256 Posts
OMG, no one person has mentioned Radio Paradise. They play everything, eclectic so called but has no ads, listener supported. Best of all is the quality, they stream up to Flac on RadioParadise app. It's all free...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts