Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was just wondering what stage cams you all prefer? i have no idea really what i should get... my in is stock right now but im putting a CAI and cams but i cant decide what stage of cams to get. what do u think would be best for me? stage 1 or 2? THANKS!

·
Registered
345 Posts
do you know how to change vavle springs? or know a shop thats good, and trustworthy enough to do it? if so get twos. they require valve spring upgrades as well as tuning. so your looking at a couple hndred extra for the twos on top of there intitial cost. stage ones you can install by themselves with no tning or other upgrades required and they should give you a good 5-10 hp or so.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya ya i know a good shop i just dont know which would be better... anyone out there tried these yet? or do u think headers would be better?

·
Premium Member
21,246 Posts
Headers = very loud exhaust, very emissions illegal because there is a cat in the exhaust manifold. I guess that depends on what the laws are where you live. My only issue with headers is keeping the exhaust quiet enough so that my neighbors don't come outside with shotguns at 2 am if I come home late. Even if your neighbors are bad shots, I that you might want to consider a resonator or glasspack behind the 2nd cat in addition to the muffler if you're going with a header.

The Crane 2's seem to be the choice of everyone. I've been considering the Crower 1's myself because of the valve spring issues. Cosworth cams are not too pricey either, but not as bumpy as either the Crane's or the Crower's. NewEdgePerformance.com sells the Crane 2's for $339.

·
Registered
464 Posts
what do you mean bumpy?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts