Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok people lets find out what kind of speakers everyone is using in the doors and in the back?[thumb]

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Factory Audiophile in the doors and in the rear quarters with a JL Audio 10W1V2 in the factory box, sounds awesome. I have to add, that me and a friend of mine had a car audio business years ago, and i would be hard pressed to find a better sound than the Audiophile that the factory had in this car. You can add alot better speakers and amps and a head unit, but as far as the stock Audiophile goes, its hard to beat and as an added bonus, its very lightweight.

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
I've got Alpine Type-R 5"x7" in the doors (f & r) and currently no subwoofer, although in a week or so, I will have an 8" Ascedent Audio Assassin in a sealed box providing a little low end thump. The sub can be found here.

Mike

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
pheonix gold xenon series 6.5" component system in the front.
rear speakers removed.
10" Gravity Audio subwoofer in the audiophile box. (mounted inverted).

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Alpine Type R 5x7 component's in front, Pioneer 3-ways in the rear.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Oz Audio Matrix Elite 180CS (amplified)
6.5" + 1" components in sealed doors and a-pillars

and

How-To Installs in the FAQ

Don't do components unless you plan to run an amplifier.
If you're only using the HU power, then stick with 5x7 or 6x8 stock-sized speakers.

I also don't have rear speakers. You could keep the stock rears or a 5x7 upgrade and only play them at a very low level to add ambience and rear fill off of the head unit.

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
cheap ass sony speakers in the front, soundsplinter rlps in the back

i need to upgrade the front, but i'm currently broke right now

·
Registered
316 Posts
Right now factory audiophile...

waiting to install phoenix gold ti elites in kicks... and when i do... no rear fill...

soundsplinter rli-8 will be used for substage ;)

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Stock Audiophile speakers, with a Kicker CV-R 8" sub in the Audiophile box, Kicker 100W (rated at 127W) AMP under Pass side seat. Sounds GREAT.

I want to upgrade the speakers, but the stockers are good for now [thumb]

·
Registered
621 Posts
5x7 Sony Xplod's all around, stock 8" sub + 2-12" subs w/tweeters on a Kenwood 640W amp

everything sounds nice but I'll eventually be upgrading the aux subs and adding tweeters in the front.

·
Registered
77 Posts
- 4 Infinity Kappa Multielements 680.7CS (6x8) (90W RMS each). Powered by Kenwood KAC-X542.

- 2 12" Pioneers TS-W3004SPL (1000W RMS each) Powered by 2 Alpine MRD-M1005.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
anyone have a problem with the depth when mounting your speakers?

·
Registered
514 Posts
I do. I have Pioneer TSD681R's up front and they fit fine, until I put the windows down. Scratched the crap out of my tint.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
I am gonna get the Poineer 6X8's in my car when I get more money......I would get the newer version of these, the TS A-6871'R's, but it is $20-30 more a pair more for practically the same thing.....I'll save my money and get the TS A-6870's for $59.99 a pair at Wal-Mart.

anyone think I should get the newer ones?

·
Registered
329 Posts
TMA 5x7 150w RMS. front and back with TMA 320 RMS amp sounds awesome with my 2 TMA 12's 300w RMS with a TMA 1000w RMS AMP

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
06zx3 said:
anyone have a problem with the depth when mounting your speakers?
Only in the back, but I have a sedan, so the speakers are in the rear doors...I just need to make a spacer for them and they should be fine.

Mike

1 - 20 of 34 Posts