Focus Fanatics Forum banner

How serious have problems with your Focus been?

• Nothing wrong with it! Really pleased with my decision to buy.

Votes: 484 28.0%
  • Nothing too serious, minor work here and there. Hasn't broken the bank account yet!

Votes: 946 54.8%
  • A number of costly and/or irritating deficiences with the car. Spent a fair bit of change fixing th

Votes: 244 14.1%
  • So many problems that I will never buy a Ford again. Nearly went bankrupt due to repair shop bills!

Votes: 52 3.0%

• Total voters
661 - 662 of 662 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
My 2016 Ecoboost Focus has almost 31K miles on it. The only thing done so far, under warranty, is an 02 sensor and one rear shock. I am currently averaging 43+ mpg in my 29 mile daily commute. This car has a 6 speed auto trans. The one with a actual torque converter, not the dual disc clutch.

·
Registered
40 Posts
And now I have finally had the dreaded TCM problem. On Tuesday after work I tried to start my car but it wouldn't even turn over. I called for roadside assistance and received a battery jump. After I got home I decided to clean off the battery posts and terminals. I then fired up the car...except it didn't fire up. All I heard was clicking. So I decided to write it off for the evening and get a tow to the dealership in the morning. On Wednesday morning, the tow truck driver was really nice and offered me a jump instead of a tow. However, a warning light came on "Transmission Failure". Scary! So I had it towed straight to the dealership. Come Thursday afternoon I called the dealership for an update and they told me it's on the hoist and is being inspected. Great, no car for another day. On Friday afternoon I called again and the service rep claims he called me earlier, which he of course did not. He tells me it was the transmission and it was going to cost $8000. Moment of silence and then he says he was just joking and that the car was ready to be picked up. At the dealership, the porter brings the car around and shuts it off. I notice he also had a battery jump pack with him. Hmm, odd I think. I get in and fire it up...no firing up. So after a few minutes with the porter, the service rep and a tech wondering what to do, I tell them to put in a new battery since mine is 8 years old. Out the door price of $144 and off I go. I went across the street to fill up and was wondering if it would fire up afterwards. No problem there and it has ran fine ever since. However, now I have this spectre of failure hanging over me. Will the transmission last? Will I have another TCM failure? Honestly, I'm somewhat nervous of driving this car far away from home.
The TCM is covered to 150K miles.

661 - 662 of 662 Posts