1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey everybody,

i am wanting a turbo that is relatively small. my power goals are around
220hp/220tq.

i am wanting a smaller one so it will spool faster. im guessing maybe ~.50 turbine A/R?

low end torque is more important to me than a high reving beast.

thanks in advance!

Cory

p.s. - this thread has turned into a soap opera! LoL

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
T3 super 60 or GT28r/Gt28rs

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Agree with John but the compturbo super 60 :)

·
FF Affiliate
31,095 Posts
NO ! Its a 30 year old turbo that has had ball bearings added to it and called a disco potato

Total waste of time turbo , there are sooooo many better turbos out there then this , look around there are things changing in the turbo world daily

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Hahaahahah Lmao haha nice Tom

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
lol

well the gt28rs is the disco potato.. my gt28r is ball bearing and not the disco potato.

and its a good turbo. water and oil cooled, and very popular. theres a reason the f150 is the most popular truck, and theres a reason garrett turbos are so popular.

you cant deny the spool characteristics and the fact that OP wants 220hp/220tq, its definitely possible with that turbo.. yeah its $900, but its not a bad turbo. dont listen to tom's immature self talkin about dating 70 year old women.

if you want to know more about turbos, do a few searches on google. go to a few forums. dont just look here

and my GT28R spools to 11+psi by 2600rpms..

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Dont listen to Jeff ^^ he has a duratec and that turbo will not spool the same on a zetec as we have seen before. but go to Compturbo.com go read about the new extended tip technology and how badass new technology is. side note ever wonder why so many of the honda guys use brogwarner S372 turbos its because it out flows and out performs all others because it also has the new extended tip technology and its not outdated. honestly get yourself a compturbo there really up to date and are a great company :)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
granted it would be different on a zetec. but the gt28r still spools great.

talk to comp turbo. talk to guys at xios. talk to tom. talk to focussport. check other forums. check everything you can before you make an expensive purchase like a turbo

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
well I'm making 353 on 93oct. car runs great, has for a year. I have Tom's tune and I am very happy with it.

I was one of the ones that didnt listen to Tom when choosing my turbo. he said it wouldnt reach my goals on a focus, but i had seen it make 400whp numerous times on an srt4 so i thought it would. so i bought the turbo... guess what, it wouldnt make 400whp... Well I guess he had already tested it and I should have listened. i believe him when he says something because unlike most people i know he has tested it on a focus.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
on another note fonzs do you have pics of your setup id like to see them (not being a dick i would just like to see them or if there posted somewhere could you pm me a link :)

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
O nice really clean i like the black piping and the ceramic coated compressor housing

1 - 20 of 45 Posts