Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I tryed a search but oil pressure comes up with many different topics. I just finished installing my electric autometer gauge using a T in the stock hole. Anyways at a cold start up it runs anywhere from 75-80psi and after crusing for 10-15 min its still around 75psi is this normal? Yet after driving for a bit and the engine is at a idle its around 50 psi. With a load on the engine (5 thousand RPM), i saw it go up to the 90s. So does the Zetec like to run with a high oil pressure? If it maters iam running mobil 1 synthetic.

Thanks

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Mine usually idles around 30 psi i think. Mine starts about that high though. Now you have me interested.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Try tapping into the head for the oil pressure. Theres a how to on it somewhere. What kinda grade oil you running?

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
I remember reading somewhere on here about a year ago that the zetec does make a lot of oil pressure. I wouldnt be as worried about high pressure as I would about low pressure! lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is a link on here... somewhere. But I have gauges in mine and they read 90 -95 cold and 40-45 hot (idle) and 75- 80 hot (not idle)... I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts