Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Depends on the rpm range, load on the engine and type of induction, forced or naturally aspirated.

Idle and cruising could be 14 - 16 AFR
WOT could be 12 -13.5 AFR

These are only a base to go from, ony way to find out what your engine really likes is to tune it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
14.7 is the magic number at idle (stochastic).. like stated above it will fluctuate depending on driving conditions, type of air intake method.If wot it should be 11.7-13.2 in forced induction. 12-13.2 if na... at wot you don't want it lean.... Lean = bad.. now these are just a reference for health of your motor.. 1 of my mazdaspeeds liked to wot in low 11's.. rich is ok so no worries if it's rich at wot. Vacuum should be 18-21 on boost gauge no matter induction type

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well at the moment I can't datalog my wideband the sct program freezes 2.4 sec when recording so they have to fix the software before I can do anything which really socks

·
Registered
495 Posts
That is normal for a closed loop EMS AFR reading. If your tuner has tuned for stoic (14.7 gasoline). I have tuned more then a few cars to run in the 16's during light cruising and low load conditions. To rich can end up causing as much damage as running lean. Depends on the operating conditions.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's almost always in that gauge rang even when pedal is down and with sct shitty live link gen two at the moment I can't datalog the wideband as it freezes so there working on fixing the problem but who knows how long that will take

·
Registered
495 Posts
Sounds like you might have a wiring issue. What does your gauge show before you start the engine, ignition on. (KOEO)

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
Idle and part throttle it will be always switching from roughly 13.2 to 15.6 shouldnt go above or below that at idle or steady throttle , going on or off throttle it could be anything

NA WOT you should be in the 12.7 to 13.2 , if you see over 13.2 ( lean ) let off and let your tuner know

Because boost was mentioned I am going to post that as well ,WOT you should be 10.7 to 11.3 if you over 11.3 ( lean ) then let off and let your tuner know

Tom

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nothing to do with wiring u can data log perfect on the x4 device just fine it's when u try to on live links sct is aware of the problem and is looking into fixing it

·
Registered
495 Posts
Sounds like the type of issues some tuners have with open source software/hardware. It shouldn't really be something you have to contend with when you pay south of $400 for an EMS. That would frustrate me to no end! I realize that it happens though....bugs are bugs!

Best of luck with getting this sorted out. Nothing worse than having to wait for someone else to fix their bugs so you can do your work.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This has still not been fixed, I am completely frustrated out of my mind.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Wow.... so is this a product that is no longer sported by the manufacturer? Sounds like it must be a bit more than just a quick code fix.

What version of Livelink do you have? I see that they haven't done any software updates since 03-31-2015 that is version 2.4.7.0.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This feels like Valvetime, they just do things when they feel like it.

How is it, that wideband logging was fine for years and now is not ??

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
The livelink has been working fine now for 99.9% of my customer up till about 2 weeks ago and then something happen and there has been issues with everyones logging , you can still log by taking your log list to the xcal and setting your equation for the AF and logging that way
The issue seems to be when you try to log with laptop and analog equation

Tom

·
Registered
44 Posts
As TheOwnmaster suggested in another thread, I added 2 PID's to the list,

1. Throttle Angle Desired
2. Engine Rpm

And as he found, the Livelink software no longer crashes!!!

Hope this helps people, it was amazing to see the program running normally with the Wideband!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts