Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have like 500 dollars left over from bill and i wanna spend it on my ca but i dunno which mod should, i get which mod gives me the most hp...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
most folks will say get a tune and a short throw shifter, but My favorite two mods were a Cold Air Kit and the Random Tech Hi-flo cat, so I suggest those first

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
i would say cheaper CAI from ebay and a tune from wayne [thumb]

·
Registered
745 Posts
tune from wayne

·
Registered
714 Posts
Tune and Short throw shifter

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm with everyone else...Tune and STS or STS and rear motor mount. I have a CFM Adjustable STS and I love the way it feels. I'm getting my rear motor mount this friday and I'll be getting my tune more towards the end of summer after I get some more of my performance parts installed so I can't really tell you the end results of those but just by reading a few posts on here I think you can get the idea of how good they are [:)]

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was thinking about getting a predator and a CAI wouldnt that make the biggest difference

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Random Tech or C-F-M Cat
ITG Filter
SRF Stage 2 ported TB

should be under 500...

·
Registered
66 Posts
ok i am going left field with this but i would buy slottend brakes or cross drilled, that was my fisrt mod and i loved the improvement

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
^^sorry dude, i'd say that totally not worth it. the SVT focus needs more of an improvement in driveability and speed, not brakes. it does a 60-0 in about 120 ft! that's pretty damn good!

·
Registered
745 Posts
dont get an orp....loud, ricey and waste of money...not worth the big fine u would get if u get caught with it

·
Registered
291 Posts
How about tuning the nut behind the wheel by attending a HPDE with instruction?
The SVT Focus is far more capable than the average owner can appreciate. I do not understand the rush to spend money to "improve" a car that works well out of the box.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
^^ because we are ALL perfect drivers, right out of the box... ^^

Actually, a driving course would give a benefit for most folks, and it stays with you long after you tire of your car.

·
Registered
666 Posts
blacknfastsvt said:
dont get an orp....loud, ricey and waste of money...not worth the big fine u would get if u get caught with it

it's not a waste of money it is probually the best bolt on you can do besides a tune and
fi if he does not want the car to be loud then he can get a random cat pipe that also would take the worry out of him getting fined if that would ever happen and for emission purpose

1 - 20 of 37 Posts