Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there everyone. Sport Compact Only has been gracious enough to give me a 500.00 line of credit at their wonderful store. Was hoping to get 4000.00, so I could finance me some Powerworks Goodness, but that is a no go for now.

ANyhoo. I am looking for suggestions!

As it stands right now, I am driving a 2001 Street Edition Sedan 2.0L Zetec ATX. Yes, I know. Autotragic.

My 'go' mods: FR Plug Wires, FR UDP, Volant Intake, Optima Yellowtop
My 'show' mods: Full Xenon Lip kit (front/rear/skirts), Clear Corners, Clear Grill, Lots of GLOW (interior and exterior), Kenwood HU.

What are some suggestions as to what to get next?

My wishlist: MBRP, Eibach Pro System, a header, a tune, cam gears, and other things.

WOuld love to hear some suggestions, thoughts, and opinions from you.

A couple pics (no hating, please.. I am just looking for suggestions)

Also, is SCO a good website? I just don't want to make any mistakes. Any and all information, comments, suggestions, etc are appreciated! THanks!

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
either those or definitly a tune, especially since you have a autotragic, itll give you better throttle response and make the shifting better.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about a TB?

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah.... I want a drop so bad. My question is...

I want the EIbach Pro SYstem. They do not sell the pro system, just the springs (not the damps)

Can I get the springs, have them on my car with the stock damps (for prolly less than 5000 miles), and then put the damps on? Because I won't be able to buy both at the same time.

WOuld that be ok? Or should I wait to get both at the same time?

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
it would be easier to do all the suspension at once, id say buy the dampers they sell. whats their site?

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
i did my car like that and left it for over a year. the dampners will wear out, but u will be fine for a little while.
i;'d get the springs and whatever else u want.
BTW i've dealt w/ SCO, and they are a great company..

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I DO want that Eibach kit.... I really really do... and since they price match... hmmmmm....

·
Registered
789 Posts
drop..drop...drop....drop.....drop

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Definately do the drop, but I recommend buying the dampers at the same time. It'll make it easier in the long run. I highly recommend the eibach pro kit. I got mine put on a few weeks ago, and the way it looks now and also the handling is outstanding. You should also get a camber kit, because if you dont you'll wear out the inner edge of your tires really fast.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you want to drop I would go with a coilover that way you can customize the drop and are not so limited in the future for tires/rims, and the biggest problem you would avoid is the fender rub.... but realistically where do you want to go first? If you want a performance increase, I would do the exhaust first, realistically for you to get the most out of any performance mod your car needs to breath properly, you already have the intake done, why not do the exhaust, otherwise your car's still going to perform like an asthmatic kid playing soccer.....
GO OILERS!!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Eibach pros is what I would say!

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, its GONNA be the Eibach.. THat is what I am getting.

I am just angry the don't carry the dampners! Who ever heard of that?!?!? LOL

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
They are called dampers..........and why dont you just order them off the internet?

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't have enough liquid cash to get the damps yet.... *chuckles*

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm not getting ANYTHING from SCO. In fact, I am closing my line of credit with them. They are liars and ridiculous. Their 'guarantee' is worth nothing.

I spent 40 minutes talking with a rep who told me he could special order my eibach pro system, and price match it to drivewire.com's price (485.00 plus free shipping) Well, WHen he calls me back, he says "Oh, my manager said that we can't price match this item, cause its too low" And I explained that I had read through their guarantee, and that the rep had TOLD me it would be price matched. Thier price? 550 shipped!!!! After I said I was not interested, the rep got angry and said "Aw, you sure? Why not?" And I was like "Well, I am not going to pay 70.00 MORE than I can get it for, just to make you happy. I asked if we could keep it under 500.00 so I could use my credit, and you said we could. Now you are telling me you CAN'T. Not only that you CAN'T, but I have to pay 70.00 MORE than what I could easily get it for elsewhere... what would YOU do?" ANd then he just hung up.

What a wonderful company... *sarcastic*

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
bbbuuuummmmmmeeeerrrrrr..........try talking to someone higher up in the pecking order...sometimes that helps

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tried. They were just like "That price is too low, we can't match it"

So much for their 1-2-3 Guarantee.... *scoffs*

1 - 20 of 22 Posts