Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

Okay so i have owned my 2012 Focus SE for about 10 months now and i love it, infact i love it so much i wanna do some work to it! It's bright red, with no window tints which is okay, but it does look kinda basic, and i really wanna get some upgrades going!
As i am a college student both money and time, are of the essence, but i am gonna try my hardest to put in a lot of work to it! What would you do to customize a stock 5-Door Focus SE? If theres any products specifically i should use please let me know!

Best.
Tim[twothumbs]

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'd lower it, add a set of st wheel/tire's, intake, exhaust, tune, sts, poly dogbone, & tint. Oh & welcome to FF.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Look up CFM= central florida motorsports, Steeda. both are venders here.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Take it slow, look around at what others have done to see some of the options, plan ahead for upgrades so everything coordinates.

Plan it for what makes it better for YOU, small conveniences can be as big a deal as large changes if they help you out whenever you drive.

Northerners use stock wheels for Snow tires, and get new ones for summer performance tires to not waste anything & save some $ in the long run while spending on an upgrade. If you run dirt roads, a set of Rally flaps will save the paint before it's damaged.

Plenty is possible, picking what helps for how you use it or makes it look better to you is key to any "Mods".

·
Registered
747 Posts
If you order that engine cover make sure you order the posts for its placement. I'd hope that they come with the cover but I've been wrong before.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Take it slow, look around at what others have done to see some of the options, plan ahead for upgrades so everything coordinates.

Plan it for what makes it better for YOU, small conveniences can be as big a deal as large changes if they help you out whenever you drive.

Northerners use stock wheels for Snow tires, and get new ones for summer performance tires to not waste anything & save some $ in the long run while spending on an upgrade. If you run dirt roads, a set of Rally flaps will save the paint before it's damaged.

Plenty is possible, picking what helps for how you use it or makes it look better to you is key to any "Mods".
^^^^^^^^^^^
This, it's all about setting the car up for YOU. Have fun.

·
Registered
44 Posts
First thing I've done to my '14 Focus is to get this OEM engine cover, $60 bux..

Install took about 30 seconds
Is there an advantage to this? It seems like an easy 1st "Mod" to me. I need to check my car and see if it has that. If not i might to it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is there an advantage to this? It seems like an easy 1st "Mod" to me. I need to check my car and see if it has that. If not i might to it.

I think it adds about 4-5 extra HP [:)~] but in reality it just a cosmetic "mod". It comes standard with the Titanium Focus, not sure why all the other models dont come with it... Its just an engine cover but I think it cleans up the engine bay very well.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
I think it adds about 4-5 extra HP [:)~] but in reality it just a cosmetic "mod". It comes standard with the Titanium Focus, not sure why all the other models dont come with it... Its just an engine cover but I think it cleans up the engine bay very well.
The advantage is in a quieter engine and a cleaner under hood appearance. The engine cover has some fiberglass insulation for sound absorption.

The engine cover was only standard in the U.S. on early Job 1 2012 Ford Focus Titanium models and was phased out before the end of June 2011. It is still being produced for cars sold overseas and is available as a spare part for a diy install.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts