Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering messing around with my '01 ZX3 and I am wondering what I should purchase for the car. It is an automatic (ack:p) and everything is stock on the car right now. What do you guys and gals recommend for exhaust, cold air-intake, and/or any of the other uprades there are out there. Thanks a lot for your input.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
other than searching, volant intake, focus central throttle body, borla catback, AFX underdrive pulley. manual conversion is kinda costly, in the end it would be more effective to just beef your auto.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
inline_engine_lover said:
^^ umm no.

what are you upgrading for? any kind of racing in particular? or just for some more power?
More power and maybe some fun at the track. Nothing serious, just to have some fun with my friends.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I must be the only lazy SOB on this board. I hate manuals, too much work for the traffic and hills in SD, I smoke, always have something to drink in the car, always messing with the stereo, talking on the phone.I don;t have enough hands!! Anyways, mines an auto (obviously) I added Magnaflow cat back, Iceman intake, 65mm TB.......I've notcied a punch to it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Upgrading your ATX to a performance one would be easier than a ATX to MTX conversion. And then you wouldn't have to sacrafice the convienence of the ATX.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
u are one lazy sob worm. lol.

manual switch wont do ya any good unless u want to be an scca superstar.

i wouldnt do anything tranny related if its gonna be modded just for kicks.

if it were my auto id get a chip, intake, t/b, udp, header, cat, flex, catback, and cam gears and leave it at that. you will be around 120-125 whp which isnt bad gains considering autos normally dyno sub 100 whp #s.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
K, thanks everyone for putting out so much information. Now, I need to find a good place to get some of this stuff. I take it most of the stuff I am going to have to mail order. Sucks that I live in Hawaii, shipping can be horrid sometimes.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well, since ya got an automatic (nothing wrong with that, easier in traffic [;)] ) then I suppose you'll go more "show". You should probably get a short-ram intake, radiator, headers, full cat-back and a body kit. Inside, just add pedals, shift knob and a stero system. Seats as an option. Oh, hey and cause ya live in Hawaii, check out EUI over there and talk to Marty, he'll hook ya up!!! Or even Eurosport in Hawaii, both are excellent shops!!! Let us know how it goes [thumb] If ya need their numbers and address, then PM me and I'll get ya in touch with them...

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
My ATX has plenty of zip.........short ram intake, shorty exhaust, hi-flo cat, flex pipe, cat-back, UDP. Saving up for a TB and Volant going to skip the chip, don't want to pay for premium gas.[:)]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The gas isn't too expensive on post here so paying for Premium gas isn't so bad. How much performance boost is usually attributed to the chip?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts